The Million Year Old Sinner, Chapter 16

Hazbin Hotel: The Million Year Old Sinner 

[Chapter 16: New Day, New Problem]

____________

The Hazbin Hotel, Morning...

Charlie rose from her bed, letting out a shrill yawn while stretching her arms out. Rubbing her eyes, the hotel owner pulled herself out of bed before sliding into a pair of slippers that laid beside her bed. She moved over to her dresser to brushed her hair and apply her make-up, but as she was getting ready for the day, Charlie glanced over to her bed. Normally, she'd find her girlfriend also slowly getting up to start the day with her, but last night's memories came flooding back. A saddened look took hold of her visage, however, she maintained herself by taking a deep breath and softly exhaling. Charlie was still willing to mend this whole situation and move on with her life in spite of everything that had happened.

After a fresh application of lipstick, Charlie got up from her seat and made her way down to her bedroom door. She turned the handle and opened it only to met face to face with Oogar, who was knelt slightly so that he could meet the hotel owner at proper eye level. Charlie let out a startled yip, almost falling onto her back from the sudden appearance of the caveman. Clutching her racing and taking in wild frantic breaths, Charlie nearly keeled over onto her bed hadn't she caught herself with a single arm.

"Good morning, Charlie." Oogar greeted with a small wave while Charlie quickly fixed her hair, maintaining her composure.

"Oogar, when you want to talk to me while I'm in my room, please knock..." The Hotel Owner groaned while Oogar rubbed the back of his head with embarrassment. "And... were you standing there this whole time?"

"Err... Sorry... Oogar just wanted to talk to you." The caveman apologized before letting himself in, lowering his head and squeezing his shoulders together so that he could properly fit through the doorframe. The mammoth demon pulled himself a small cushion stool, one that was small yet sturdy enough to support his weight. Charlie let out a sigh before approaching the lumbering demon.

"It's okay, big guy. I was meaning to talk to you as well. Mainly from everything that happened last night..." Charlie said, gently placing a hand on the caveman's shoulder.

"Well... That's why Oogar is here..." The caveman said nodding his head, his eyes briefly darting away from his caretaker.

"Oogar was worried for Vaggie... Oogar didn't want to lose her... Vaggie is good to me and so are you... Oogar just wanted to help but Oogar only hurt you instead..." The mammoth demon continued, a somber sigh blowing through his shaggy beard. "Oogar just wanted to help Vaggie is all, Oogar sorry..."

"Oogar, look at me." She said, moving her hand onto his cheek before directing his head back to her with a gentle push of a hand.

"It's okay, I was just as worried as you. Heck, if I could, I would've done the same thing as you. However, it's important to know that you didn't have to go through all of this. You don't always have to intervene although, I am somewhat grateful that you did." Charlie explained to the best of her ability as the caveman tilted his head in confusion.