The Million Year Old Sinner, Chapter 19

[Chapter 19: Wrath of The Mammoth]

____________

Millions of Years Ago...

"H̵e'͏s holdin̵g yoù b͞a͏ck."̡

His eyes shot wide open, a haggard gasp blowing through his maw in a weak exhale. The cold air stung his body as though a thousand shards of glass were cutting deep into his paper-thin flesh.

"H̷e̛ t͢h̨in̡k̷s ͞yo̶ù'́r̴e̢ ͜w̕eak."

Miraculously, his legs conjured up all the energy needed to lift himself from the ground. He sucked in mouthfuls of the gelid wind, struggling to keep his emaciated body elevated. Across from him was a man that was sprawled onto the snow, his skin blackened from the frostbite that had ravaged his body. The muscular build that once comprised his form had devolved into a skeletal frame, almost as though he hadn't had a meal in days. His hair, once a great mane of reddish-brown hair was but meager white strings that clung onto his scalp.

"̡No͢w͟'̷s͝ you̷r t̨i̡m͝e͟.͟"

A sickly breath sputtered from his gaping mouth, one that sent a rattle in his brittle ribcage. He gazed at the boy that was standing before him with sunken eyes that appeared to be absent of life. Somehow, this sentient corpse was strong enough to raise its stick-like arm from the ground and extend it forward as if it were reaching out to his final chance of salvation. The boy looked on with contempt and horror, his eyes flicking away from the decrepit husk.

"͘͜K̢ì́l̨ĺ̷ h̕͝i̷ḿ͜."͘

Laying by the adolescent's feet was a spear that had sat on the icy grounds collecting snow. Silently, the boy slowly reached for the spear and turned his attention back to the withering man, who weakly croaked as his hand jittered about, throttled by the frigid winds.

́"̸̨̕Ķè͜e͟͝͏p͞i̸͞ng̴ ̕him͞ á͜l͡͞͡i͜͡͏v͏͝ȩ̵ ̡͢͠ẃiļl̷͠ w̡ei͏͢g̢h̵ ̢̡̕y͢o̕u̷͘ ͝d̵͘o͏wn̷.̴̕͏"̵̧

A ravenous hunger raged within the boy's stomach, one that spoke louder than a single thought his mind produced. The weak shell of the man only hid spoils that allow for survival in this merciless winter. The famine was insatiable, like an itch that he couldn't scratch.

"̸̛R̶̛̛͟è̴̛̕a̸̴͜d̵̡ý͜ ̢̛͘͝y̢̕ò̧͘u͡͝͠͝ŕ̶͞ ̨͘͝w̷͡è̷̀ą̶͜͞͝p̴͟͠ǫ̨̛͢͞n̨͠.̵̴̵́͘.̶̛͜.̢͟"̡́̕͠