The Million Year Old Sinner, Chapter 3

[Chapter 3: The Cleaner and The Cook]

_____________________________________________________

Several Thousand Years Ago...

In a seemingly barren plain that almost spanned for miles, the hot sun shone down onto the empty field while a calm breeze blew through the long grass.

All was peaceful until suddenly, the frantic shuffling of grass could be heard along with a booming roar that filled the air. Coming into view was a large saber-toothed tiger, whose body was adorned in various scars and wounds from it's back, shoulders, and chest. Despite the pain, it was in, the big cat had no intention of stopping as it felt something graze its neck. The wounded sabretooth turned it's head to see a long spear with its razor-sharp head now embedded in the ground. The big cat snarled before turning its head to see a muscular man standing a few feet away from him.

The man had long, disheveled, dark brown hair and a long, scraggly beard who wore nothing but a loincloth. The primitive man tensed up as he realized that his attack had failed, now knowing that he would be in for one hell of a fight. The wounded sabretooth turned around to look at the human, snarling with hatred as it then lunged forward with its claws extended outwards. Acting fast, the primitive man withdrew a sharp, jagged piece of stone before letting out a savage roar as if he were accepting the big cat's challenge. The sabretooth managed to pounce onto the man, letting out another growl before raising a paw and swiping it down in an attempt to cut open the caveman. However, the muscular human caught the claw just before it could reach his chest before stabbing the big cat on the side of the face. This forced out a pained roar from the sabretooth while the man threw himself right onto the big cat, proceeding to remove the knife from the cat's cheek before plunging it into sabretooth's shoulder as it grabbed onto the caveman's two shoulders with its paws while the painful sensation of its claws digging to his shoulders began to surge through the Neanderthal's body, forcing a pained scream out of him.

While this vicious battle was occurring, someone else had entered the battlefield in the form of a boy, who was also dressed in the same loincloth as the man, who ducked beneath a rock to avoid being seen. Watching the chaos unfurl, the boy quietly snuck past the two with his sights aimed for the spear. The young man grabbed onto the spear handle and began to desperately pull the spear out of the ground. While the child was busy trying to get the spear out of the ground, the caveman managed to slip behind the back of the sabretooth, putting it in a headlock with his forearms wrapped around its neck. The Neanderthal then tugged the sabretooth's body back while the big cat started to writhe and jitter around, attempting to break free from the caveman's hold. Just then, the boy yanked the spear from the dirt, almost falling over once he did.

"OOGAR, NOW!" He called out, prompting the boy to tighten the grip on the spear before letting out a shrill cry. The young Neanderthal aimed his newly found weapon for the sabretooth's chest. But just as it seemed the saber-toothed tiger was about to meet its demise, in a last-ditch effort to save its own hide, the big cat jerked its body back resulting in the Neanderthal's grip to weaken significantly. With another burst of energy, the big cat swatted its paw as its claws slashed right through the spear, its head snapping right off of the shaft. Oogar's eyes widened with fear as he pulled back the now headless spear before being sent flying just a few feet away with another slash of the big cat with three painful gashes opening up on the boy's cheek. Oogar felt his body skid across the dirt while the big cat lunged forward, unleashing a terrifying roar as it planned to tear the child into bloody bits.