The Million Year Old Sinner, Chapter 21

Hazbin Hotel: The Million Year Old Sinner

[Chapter 21: Now or Never]

_____________

Millions of Years Ago...

Skidding across the rocky floor, Oogar pressed his feet against the hard cold grounds to stop himself from careening any further. This resulted in blisters forming beneath his soles from the friction but the boy powered through the agonizing, burning sensation as he charged forth with his spear in hand. The Mammoth furrowed her brow and made a rush for the young hunter. The two closed distance between each other as the young Neanderthal lunged for the mammoth, the sharp tip of his spear aimed for the mother's head.

Even in the midst of a dreadful blizzard, the Proboscidean could see the attack as clear as day for the mammoth outstretched her trunk and snagged the boy's spear with an iron grip. With the hunter's weapon in her clutches, the mammoth whipped her head back with the boy being dragged along in the air, his hands still grasping at his spear. The Matriarch began to viciously swing the adolescent to and fro, the clutch on the weapon beginning to falter before the megafauna jerked its head down. A windup was not needed for the mammoth threw its trunk into the air, forcibly unhinging Oogar's hands from the spear's shaft, chucking the boy high into the dark, gelid skies.

Tossing aside the spear, the mammoth waited for her human opponent to come back down. Oogar was jostled about in the air, the frigid wind carelessly throttling him about before gravity took hold and dragged him back to the frozen earth. Rather than letting the young hunter's body against the frozen, craggy ground, the mammoth instead swung its trunk into the boy's side. The moment the blow registered, Oogar couldn't help but emit a sickly gasp as a few rips in his body cracked like twigs from the hammer-like strength that came with the matriarch's blow.

The impact launched the adolescent Hunter into the surrounding, jagged rock walls, striking them back first as an agonized scream was drawn from his mouth before he crashed to the rocky floor. Even under overwhelming pain, the young hunter refused to die here. He had come far enough in this perilous world and he had no intention of letting his flame become snuffed this moment. Oogar slowly but surely picked himself up, his legs visibly quivering while blood trickled down his back like a waterfall.

Glaring at the megafauna that trudged towards him, Oogar unsheathed a small knife strapped to his hip. With his depleting energy, he focused it into a dead sprint, one that appeared more like a haggard gallop, towards the mammoth in a last-ditch effort to kill the shaggy beast. All while emitting an animalistic cry that weakened his vocal cord. The Mammoth didn't need to charge for this as she swayed her head sideways, driving the spiked edge of its curved tusk into the child's abdomen. Oogar's war cry was reduced to a mere whimper as the tusk entered into his stomach, shredding through flesh and muscle alike.