The Million Year Old Sinner, Chapter 25

[Chapter 25: Separations And Reperations]

_____

Raum's Garden...

A breath of gentle, crisp wind pushed through the flowery sprouts of the cherry blossom tree, the branches gently rustling from the fresh breeze. The tree stood tall and strong, firmly rooted into the soil amongst the grassy hilltop. After a long rest from the icy grasps of winter, spring had finally come to free the cherry blossoms from dormancy.

Resting against the trunk, Raum had always enjoyed this time of year and now was more than a wonderful time to meditate and clear his mind, a rest was most certainly needed after many days of laborious work that a demon in his position was forced to endure. His priorities for today had already been attended to meaning he had all the time in the world to decompress and temporarily relieve himself of his troubles. Raum was in a state of unbreakable focus, becoming one with the garden around him.

"Father, father!" A young voice called out, though Raum didn't seem to pay any mind to the sudden invasion of his peace. His eyes remained close and he had not lifted even a feather. Making the rigorous climb up the hill, a young raven-like demon dressed in periwinkle garbs approached Raum with something held in his clutches. The tyke eagerly scrambled up the hill, sprinting towards Raum when reaching the top. However, the raven chick didn't seem to notice a rock that was shrouded in the grass as his foot struck the stone causing him to tumble forward.

Just when it seemed the child was about to hit the ground, through sharp instincts, Raum quickly shot out his arm and caught the boy with one hand right before he could make his spill. Raum opened his eyes and smiled, happily chuckling as he pulled the child in.

"Malphas, be careful where you run. You won't know what hidden obstacles nature has up its sleeve until the last second!" The Goetia joyfully laughed, situating his son on his lap.

"A-Apologies, father... I-I didn't mean to interrupt your meditation." Malphas chirped, his eyes flicking down in embarrassment.

"It's quite alright, my dear boy. Though, may inquire whatever it is that brings you to me?" Raum asked, his son perking his head up while his eyes lit up with sparkling enthusiasm. The raven quickly tuck whatever it is he had behind his back so as to not give away the surprise.

"Oh, I wanted to show you something, father! It took me two days to make but now I think it's time for me to show you!" Malphas exclaimed.

"Really now? Do enlighten me!" Raum said, curious to see what his son had to offer. Malphas's smile grew slightly wider as he then showed off a toy replica of a bird-like creature. Raum was quite surprised by the craftsmanship of the model, the head and body were comprised of wood while the wings and tail were made from feathers that Malphas had likely plucked from himself.