The Million Year Old Sinner, Chapter 30

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello everyone, MrNate2015 here. I am fully aware that this story has been sitting in dormancy for half a year now and I figured I'd might as well explain why it's been like that.

The reason why mainly stems from the fact that a lot has been going on in my life that it's been getting hard to focus on MYOS ranging from work and personal issues. That along with a general lack of motivation and procrastination. It's not that I don't care about this story anymore, it's been my passion project for basically two years now and I don't plan on abandoning it any time soon. But the thing is that my motivation has been waning for a while and my mind has also been eyeing other projects, making it difficult to focus on one and stick with it.

I'm also writing this because of the fact that I'm generally disappointed in myself for letting everyone wait this long for the new chapter. I've always made it a priority to keep things consistent with a monthly update to the story. However, with more personal stuff piling up, monthly updates just didn't seem too feasible. For a while, I've been harsh on myself over this but I've come to accept that I'm not really on a deadline nor should I put this kind of pressure on myself either. I'd rather work on my passion project at my own pace than force some kind of tentative deadline.

My sincerest apologies to all of my followers/readers, I'm genuinely sorry for keeping you waiting this long. But with that out of the way, I hope you enjoy this new installment and I hope to continue on with MYOS in the future.

__

The Million Year Old Sinner

[Chapter 30: The Battle on Blood Lake]

_____

Millions Of Years Ago...

The only sounds that echoed from the gorge were the screech of hundreds of mammoths whose numbers were chipped away by the seconds. Neanderthals had their spears lodged into the flesh of the great beasts, with some falling from a lucky shot to the head while others still managed in spite of a jagged stone blade pierced into their hide.

Though, this was anything but a one-sided battle, as tribesmen who weren't careful enough, found themselves being slammed against the surrounding canyon walls or crushed beneath the foot of an enraged mammoth. The Matriarch who had led her herd into this ambush did her best to guide her remaining troops to the end of the ravine. A spear or two was lodged into her back while trails of fresh blood ran down from her massive body, although she was more than capable of trekking on without it.

Feeling his body being wildly trashed about in the air, Oogar kept his grip on the spear shaft with all of his might. The mammoth that he was lucky enough to hitch upon bucked and whipped its body around, even going so far as the slam itself into the neighboring rock walls, causing snow and debris to tumble down from the cliffs. The mammoth's falling resulted in Oogar's body sliding forward as he desperately held onto his spear. However, as the spear tilted forward, the blade began to unstick itself from the mammoth's back.