The Million Year Old Sinner, Chapter 1

[Chapter 1: The Dweller from Beneath]__________________________

__________________________

Pentagram City...

It was a cold and chilly day in Pentagram City, a crimson sky hovering over the expansive town while trash blew across the streets. The many demons inhabiting the sinful city were out attending to their affairs, usually involving themselves in drug trading, prostitution, or any disgusting action that was almost as common as common could be in the ugly underbelly of the city. Among them was their own princess, Charlie Magne, and her girlfriend, Vaggie.

The young, blonde-haired demon made her way down the sidewalks with a small paper bag in her hands before turning into a park. A clear look of forlorn and defeat plastered on her features as she sat down onto one of the nearby benches. The reason why Charlie was feeling so glum was it had now been a full year since she announced the Happy Hotel and even then, not a single demon even wanted the slightest thing to do with it. 

To make matters even worse, Hell had recently undergone it's yearly extermination that occurred just days ago as many demons fell victim to the blades of unforgiving angels who reveled in their deaths. Hell's Princess slumped down onto the bench and let loose a quiet sigh of grief before burying her face into her hands while her girlfriend sat beside her, placing her arm around her shoulder.

"I worked so hard, I did all that I could and still, nobody else wants to even go near the hotel..." Charlie whimpered to herself.

"Charlie, I know you want to do the right thing. Trust me, I support you no matter what but... I'm starting to have doubts about the hotel. I mean, just look with all the people who laughed in our faces when we announced the whole thing, all the shit being talked about on TV, and whatever bullshit Angel is getting himself involved in. I'm not sure if we'll be able to pull this off." Vaggie asked her girlfriend, gently caressing her lover's back.

"Is it true that nobody wants redemption? I know not a lot of demons would even want to be redeemed but there's got to be at least one..." Charlie continued talking to herself. Hell's Princess knew that she had to keep trying even in these hard times, but a small part of her was telling the Princess to simply give up.

"I can't say for sure but... who knows? Maybe someone who wants to be redeemed. But right now, It's honestly hard to even find someone who's the slightest bit interested." Vaggie replied. Many conflicting thoughts began to rage through Charlie's head like a storm, the princess having zero ideas of what to even do. Charlie gave out another sigh before rummaging through the bag that she still had in her hands before pulling out a single doughnut that was topped with glistening red frosting.

"Well, maybe I just need a break. I've been overworking a lot lately..." Charlie uttered to herself before taking a bite into the frosted treat.

"I think a break is totally necessary. Why don't we take a few days off to reset ourselves and get back to business." Vaggie encouraged, gently patting her lover's back which turned Charlie's frown into that of a small smile.