Part 26

Third Person Pov
FLASHBACK

It's the dead of night below zero degrees. Not a person awake but he was. He's always awake round this time. Why wouldn't he that's when he does his best work.

Getting onto the property he had no problem. Deck out in all black no one can see his face. Every inch of his body is covered no one knows it's him.

Walking into the children's room first he wakes them up. Putting his hand over their mouth so they wouldn't scream. Getting into the main bedroom tying the man up who is dead asleep in bed.

Shaking the wife who has a black eye and three broken ribs. Putting his hand over her mouth bringing his fingers to his lips. Handing her a note she sat up. As her heart rate raises beating out her chest. The note states

"if you don't want to die with him. Get the kids and get out"

Putting on pants she ran out the room. He knew she was going to call the police but he was quicker then them. Waking the man he finally spoke "Senator Jackson you made a lot of promising to some very dangerous people. Now it's time to pay the price" the man in black said.

The Senator shook his head. "I'll pay I promise I'll pay" but it was to late they had already made their choice. "On top of that I heard your an abuser not just of woman but kids too" he shook his head no again.

Picking up the machete from the side of the senator's bed he cut his head off in swift motion. Getting the blood from the bed he wrote his name on the wall.

SLAYER

John Market Pov

"Got something to tell me Future Husband?" She asked tilting her head to the side. And I shallowed hard this is something I thought I never had to tell her. The only secret I was going to take to my grave. Because I was out I paid my dues.

I did what they asked I was to have no contact with them. They have none with me but ooh that stupid man had to come here.  They had to send their little message boy.

"Please don't leave me" I told Olive she looked confused. "I've don't thing in my pass that I'm not proud of. I haven't always been straight and narrow." I pulled her out the office.

Going to the car we drove to the cliff overseeing a river. "What is it John?" She asked

"After my mother and sister die it took hard. I should had been there to protect them" I told her. "Baby you can't blame yourself for that" she said

"I was only 17 at the time I didn't know better.  I was drunk and high most of the time running away from Forster Care. I was a club late at night staying a little later then intended.

I went to the bathroom and feel asleep I didn't know when the party had ended. Waking up stumbling out I found myself in the middle of a crime scene." I looked at her face and it was confused.

"The leader sitting their eating he didn't care that there three dead bodies sitting in front of him. But he did care that someone saw that night I made a deal with the devil. Either I worked for him or he killed me" I didn't dare look at her.

"It started off as small things. Drop off, stealing, I even did a few street fights here and there. Then I had to kill someone to show my loyalty. After the first kill the rest was easy until I became my boss personal hit man" I said still not looking at her.

"They called me Slayer because I always used knifes. No one knows what I look like or who I am all they know was my name" I told her.

"After a while it started taking a toll on me. I couldn't take it anymore and I wanted out. In that line of work the only way out of death. But because my boss "liked" me give me an impossible task. I don't think he thought I was going to make it" I told her.

"The people I killed were all bad people. I never hurt an innocent person in my life" I told "how many?" She asked "what?" I looked at her "how many people have you killed?" She said louder "564" I told her and she jumped up.

Rubbing her hands though her hair talking to her self. "Why was that man there today" she looked at me "he wants information that I refuse to give." I told her and she nod.

I stood up and walked to her and she backed up. "Baby" I said and looked at me "you know I will never hurt you Luna." I told her and she nod.

I walked up to her more "I will always keep you both safe" I told her and kept moving towards her slowly. So she wouldn't be afraid. Getting in front of her she's crying.

"Baby have I ever made you feel like you can't trust me. Have I ever made you feel unsafe" she shook her head no. And I brought her into a hug. "I love you" I told her and she took a minute but she said it back.

"Baby you can't tell no this. Not even Emma no one" I told her and she shook her head no  "I won't we have no more secrets" she asked me and I nod. "No more I promise" I told her kissing her head getting her to calm down.

We went and got something to eat but she barely spoke. We parked home and I looked at her. She's still shaking up and in shock I can see it in her eyes.

I never wanted her to know that side of me. I'm supposed to keep it from her. I should kill him for this but I don't want to relapse. Hopefully she's really okay with this. But only time will tell.