✯ 3 ✯

"hyuck! we're leaving to school!" jaemin announced, closing the windows of the house. "hurry up!"

"one second!" donghyuck's voice echoed through the house.

jaemin waited for a minute in front of the door by jisung's side.

donghyuck appeared with a bright smile on.

"i had forgotten my colouring pencils!" he said with a giggle.

"are you sure you have everything you need?" jisung asked. "your paci?"

"yes, it's in the box." donghyuck nodded.

"perfect then. let's go!" jaemin exclaimed, picking up his car keys and opening the front door for them to leave to school.

the journey to school was pleasant.

as usual, donghyuck was sat on the back, by the window, for him to look at the world around him.

jisung and jaemin were speaking about something donghyuck wasn't really interested in, so, the honey-haired boy listened to the music blasting from the car's speakers.

"did you give him his milk in the baby bottle today?" jaemin asked jisung in a low voice.

"yeah, he drank it all, don't worry."

"thank god. i completely forgot about it." jaemin thanked his childhood friend.

donghyuck was somehow complicated to take care of.

he needed a very precise routine for him to be in a good mood.

and this routine started by drinking a good amount of milk served in a baby bottle.

he often drank it while watching a cartoon, but he also loved whenever jisung or jaemin would feed him with it.

"me want one! me want one!" the baby voice of their mutual friend caught their attention as they were approaching school grounds.

jisung turned around to look at donghyuck who was excitedly pointing at a little girl on the street eating a bright blue cotton candy.

"he slipped?" jaemin asked, his eyes ever leaving the road.

"yeah." jisung nodded. "he wants cotton candy."

"we'll stop tonight to buy him one." jaemin informed.

"me want... why nana not stopping...?" the little pouted, looking at jisung with glossy eyes.

jisung smiled at his friend, holding his hand out for him to play with it. "we can't stop right now because we have school. but we'll stop to get you one in the afternoon, after school, okay?" jisung asked, making donghyuck nod quickly.

jisung faced the road again as donghyuck started singing along the song played by the car's radio.

jaemin had changed the music on purpose, playing a playlist that he had created with tons of cartoon musics. he knew that donghyuck loved those when he was in little space.

the ride lasted for a few minutes more until jaemin found a spot in the parking lot next to school. he parked the car and walked out before opening donghyuck's door – that he had locked with the child security.

"hyuckie." jaemin called the little. "look at me."

donghyuck looked at his friend in the eye, smiling brightly when jaemin cupped his cheeks.