✯ 13 ✯

"it was so cool!" donghyuck exclaimed, clapping his hands loudly. "one of the best days of my life!"

the six boys were having dinner together, around the same big table.

this skiing day had made them all incredibly closer – well, jisung, chenle, jaemin and jeno. mark and donghyuck had gotten to know each other a little bit more too.

"for real?" jaemin asked with a bright smile. "what did you do?"

"mark taught me." donghyuck said proudly. "he showed me the snowplough and also how to make sure i don't fall in the ski lifts."

mark nodded, recalling their day.

in fact, staying with donghyuck instead of going to ski on his own hadn't been so bad.

he had helped the younger a lot, trying to make sure the boy wouldn't fall with every step he took.

it was funny how donghyuck was so unfamiliar with this universe.

the boy kept falling at the beginning when they had to take ski lifts, and mark swears he almost saw the younger cry.

donghyuck was very shy at first, and it was obvious that he felt bad for mark.

he could see that mark knew how to ski very well, but that he was stuck with him who didn't even know how to stand on skis because they had been paired together.

eventually, donghyuck forgot about his uneasiness, and thanks to mark's help, he managed to enjoy the day.

"you guys left us behind." mark stated, speaking for him and donghyuck.

"we thought you were following!" chenle replied to which mark crossed his arms over his chest.

"it was donghyuck's first time on skis." mark told.

this sentence left place to a long silence during which the boys all shared eye-contacts, not really knowing what to answer.

thankfully, donghyuck was there to break this awkward moment.

"it's okay, i enjoyed it nevertheless." he said.

"that's the most important, i guess." jisung gave his friend a pat on the head making him nod energetically.

"i'm not sure mark enjoyed as much as me, though." donghyuck added, glancing at the handsome boy that had taken care of him all day long.

mark's eyes fell into donghyuck's chocolate orbs, getting mesmerized by them for a long second before he looked back at his plate of food.

"no, no!" he told. "it was fine." he added with a smile, making donghyuck smile back immediately.

the six boys continued their dinner peacefully, chatting about random things, and slowly getting to know each other more, and obviously, getting closer.

"thanks." donghyuck declared before entering mark and his shared bedroom while mark held the door open for him.

"you're welcome." the older boy said, closing the door behind his back.

"can i use the bathroom first?" donghyuck asked as soon as he has peeled his coat off his body and taken off his white moonboots.

"of course." mark nodded.

donghyuck picked his pyjamas from under his pillow and headed to the bathroom.