State of Mind

Taehyung was here, his hands in his pockets, and that dark wonderful enchanting aura that shrouded him with this sense of authority and power. His hair was slicked with gel showing his forehead which I didn't even think could be one of his best assets. Tan skin that glowed and worked well with his beige cashmere sweater and woolly wide pants.

He looked completely different than the two times I've seen him. The diversity in his closet is insane. He comes off as a bookkeeper in France but his face should be adored from the billboards there.

"I'm sorry I'm late." He said before looking over the group of us for an empty seat.

"You could sit right here!" Sky prompted looking over at me with low eyes and pinkish cheeks. Clearly, she wasn't in her right mind and it would be dead wrong of me to smack her right now.

Taehyung looked over at me for confirmation but I looked away shyly. I can't stand to look him in those velvet eyes much longer than two seconds. He came over pulling out the chair and sat next to me and I could feel his gaze lingering on my skin.

"Hi, kitty." He smiled and those puppy eyes sparkled. I'm starting to hate Sky right now.

"Hi, Taehyung."

"Are you well?"

"What type of question is that?" I queried with my brows knitted.

"It's because the last time we saw each other you left abruptly and I thought you weren't feeling well." Taehyung studied me with a level gaze and my eyes grew wide from recognition of what he was referring to. Then he grabbed unused chopsticks from off the table and went searching around the grill grabbing the few pieces of meat. He ate with a pout.

I nervously chuckle rubbing the hairs that stood on the back of my neck as I tried to think myself out of this situation. I looked around the table but everyone else was into their conversation leaving me to deal with the huge elephant in the room for me.

"Thought I might give you some alone time to talk with your girlfriend," I admitted and watched his expression carefully. "It seemed like you had other plans after me."

His forehead plucked and his jaw twitched. It seemed like he couldn't make sense of what I was saying. And I knew that this man was here for ruin my life. Beautifully or destructively is up to him.

"I don't have a girlfriend kitty." He replied using that damn nickname on me again.

"Stop calling me that. I have a name Tae so use it." I poked out my lips as my final statement.

Peals of laughter burst from deep within him and my body felt lighter somehow. I took the time to see how his face looked while being under the merriment. His eyes crinkled and his smile was wide and boxy. His laugh was deep and husky filling the corners of the room with its sound.

"You're so cute when you're angry kitty." He finally found his composure and glanced at me before placing a hand over my cheek and rubbing his thumb under my chin. "So cute..."

My mind and body were at war with each other as I tried to fight the urge to connect our lips right there. I'm not drunk but boy do I feel intoxicated right now. His scent is intoxicating. This is all happening wayyy to fast. Taehyung looked over my face before setting his eyes on my lips, almost like he was missing them.

"We shouldn't be doing this." I cleared my throat and pulled away from his hand but I so badly wanted to stay.

I saw him frown, "I'm serious Noelle. I don't have a girlfriend, what you heard was me talking to a friend."

"Oh, so you tell most of your friends you like seeing them wear certain things?" I accused but caught myself after I asked the question. I mean, what the hell am I doing? I'm arguing with him like I just caught him cheating on me. I just met him, I need to calm down.