Look What You Started

It's been three months.

It's been three months since Taehyung came into my life and took it by storm. And it only took a few days for him to become our department's celebrity. Everywhere I go, I could hear the whispers and talks about him from every girl that existed. At first, it was overwhelming since I couldn't even speak to him without a random girl confronting me and asking me a million questions. One is the fan-favorite, "Are you his girlfriend?"

The answer would always be the same: No.

It came to the point I had the trained speech of repeating the same words over and over again. I didn't talk about what happened that night when we were all out. I dismissed it as we were drunk, everyone was drunk and was not in their right minds. But it sucked getting caught. I came up to Jin the next day but he dismissed me with a wave of his head and a pouty smile saying, "I don't care if you sleep with half the guys at this school I'm just glad to see you moving on."

To be completely honest I was shocked to hear that from him. Even a month later it still lingers in my head. "Moving on." I'm moving on from my ex finally. Can't say that it's ideal what I did with just kissing strangers but it's something.

The library was half empty when I first arrived and I made my way to the seat I reserved beforehand so that way I don't have to fight anyone for some peace and quiet. I wanted to do my research paper on criminal behavior but my apartment building is having renovations done and the noise will make anyone try and pull out their hair.

I didn't think I was being watched. But I felt the pair of eyes on the back of my head and it was hard to ignore the last ten minutes I've been here. I looked up from my computer and tried to make sense of whoever had a staring problem and low and behold, it was Taehyung. It looked like he's been here for quite a while, with his books and papers littered over the deep mahogany wooden desk.

I gazed around him at the many girls that clumped themselves around him just to be in his consuming aura. Little did they know his eyes were preoccupied with me. Memories from the night flashed in the back of my head and I could feel myself blushing silently. I need to focus so I removed my lingering gaze on his handsome face back over to my bright screen with a blank canvas to start on.

Sighing I got to work on my research for my paper that's due next week and placed all my lewd fantasies in a deep box within my mind. It doesn't help that I still remember the way he grabbed me that night. How tight his hold was onto like I just might fall off the face of the earth. The way his lips felt like tiny pillows that comforted and soothed me and his tongue explored my mouth. I felt that burn, that innocent flicker of something new switch on when I kissed him, like an old lamp that hasn't been turned on in a while, all rusty and primeval.

I started to pinch my hand creating a small red bruising to form. Focus Noelle. This paper won't get done itself. But it just might have to wait when I took a glance over at Taehyung and saw him throw his bag over one shoulder and walk with his laptop by his side. The school of girls followed him like they were watching a model down a runway. His eyes were locked to mine and he gave me a soft smile as he came in my direction.

I wanted to scream no, please don't distract me anymore. But this feeling of yearning for him to just be around the same air I breathe is so demanding and so very addicting. Taehyung set his books down in front of me and pulled out his chair. I played and chewed with the pen I had in my hand even though it's seen better days.

"You've been avoiding me kitty." Taehyung pouted, touching his chest like he's just been shot. But that nickname is sticking to me like glue and water is just not doing the trick anymore.