Ready or Not

Meet me at this address @1

I did it. I'm waiting out front on the sidewalk looking down at my phone rereading the text message I had sent three hours prior. It took me four hours to actually send it, and one hour to scream in my pillow.

I haven't felt like this is so long and it's a bit embarrassing yet exhilarating. Taehyung had texted me back an 'ok' two hours ago and I only just got here, picking at my cuticles as a way to pass the time.

People passed me by and with each that look similar to him from a distance, my stomach would drop. I'm nervous. Aunt Melissa had me try on all the clothes I brought which felt like it took forever until we found something to go with the occasion.

It's a cropped tank top—that's really what I wear to bed—with some shorts that stop at my butt and some platform sandals. My hair is slicked back out of my face and I pulled out some baby hairs.

Bracelets and necklaces decorated my body and I did minimum makeup, just dark lip liner, and brown lipgloss. This is definitely a glow-up to how I used to dress before. I pressed my lips together and looked down the corner trying to see if I can spot him. Then saw a supermodel walking towards me.

I didn't notice him at first, with all my nerves making me all jittery, but when I saw him my breath got stuck in my lungs. Taehyung walked with such confidence, so much assurance in oneself it was unbelievable. He knew he was attractive, he knew he could dress well, and he knew he could make a girl's heart melt.

Taehyung had looked up with piercing eyes that stared into my soul. He had on something simple and casual but wore it like it was some high-end designer clothing. Grey hoodie and some gray loose joggers. My mouth held a beach inside and I swallowed thickly and tugged on my cuticles even more.

"Missed me already kitty?" The first thing he has to say has to be some slick shit. If I wasn't so damn nervous I probably would've kicked him in the balls already. A frown pressed on my lips as he chuckled then pulled me close into a hug. I squealed only because it took me by surprise and wasn't something I thought he would do.

His hands linger on my waist and my head laid rested on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat and I tried earnestly to match mines to his. His cologne was like a breath of fresh air and I inhaled deeply. We pulled away and it felt awkward. Not knowing what to do with this atmosphere I hit on the shoulder.

"What'd you do that for?" I turned away and walked forward. My cheeks were burning up and I knew it was obvious I was blushing.

"I like hugs."

"Since when?" I pouted.

"Since now." Taehyung grinned and I rolled my eyes. "So why'd you call me out this early in the day?"

"Oh I'm sorry did I take you away from your beauty sleep." I teased while we walked the strip. There's this new place that's opened up and I wanted to see what it's all about. Aunt Melissa told me to wear this because things might get messy.

"Yeah, you did." In the sun his hair was a golden brown and it was like this great ball of fire had favorites. He put his hands in the kangaroo pocket of his hoodie. "Get off the curb," Tae demanded grabbing me by the small of my back and putting me on the inner corner of the sidewalk.

"So chivalrous." I smiled before I giggled seeing him amused. I poked at his ribs making him flinch and laugh and I joined him.

"Whatever, I just don't wanna have to scrap your face off the ground when a car hits you." His long legs were walking a mile with each foot and I had to basically run after him to catch up. The bastard doesn't even know where we're going yet he seems to be on a mission.