Say You Know

"Noelle! Open up, girl." Mina bangs on my front door.

We scramble around like chickens looking for their heads. My mind is running a marathon per minute trying to find the right scenarios to fit a story as to why Taehyung's is here and why we're both naked. Nothing sticks.

Taehyung goes and grabs his shorts off the floor, slipping on the hardwood floor and his body hits it with a loud thud. The knocks pause, then a flood of them pounded on it all at once. It was like a orchestra of catastrophe.

"Hey, you alright? Open the door, Noelle."

"Did you just bust your ass?"

"She probably killing herself."

"Shh don't say that Hobi!"

"Or she could be masturbating."

"Wait—I wanna see this shit."

I knew the neighbors by now have probably opened their doors to see what's all the hubbub as I pressed down my frizzy hair and put on clothes to hide my battered body. The knocks slowly turned to beatboxing and Jungkook and Hobi giggled while Namjoon started rapping.

"Crazy how life makes me feel alive
I got the right chick' here that pro reads my rhymes
Even though I'm in school tryna catch on them books
I'm sitting wondering about what Jin probably gon' cook
Yo there's a million fuckin' reasons to be makin' this paper
But Ima momma's boy so you know I gotta buy her a skyscraper."

(PLEASE I DID HORRENDOUS😭😭😭 Pls excuse my failure of being a wannabe rapper🤦‍♀️😭😭😭)

There were so many voices speaking over one another as I gathered myself in front of the mirror. My hair is a mess there are marks all over my body. I turn to glare at Taehyung and in return, he gives me a sheepish smile and a shrug.

I make it to my front door where it visibly shakes and I swallow the lump in my throat. This isn't the most ideal place on how I wanted to tell the group, especially since I'm holding on to a single nerve to operate my legs, but I'm quick to unlock the door and swing it open.

As I do, three idiots come tripping over the threshold from leaning against the door. Jimin, Jungkook, and Hoseok all looked up like lost dogs before gathering themselves and walking in all cool, calm, and collected.

"What took you so long shortie? Thought I was gonna have to break the door down." Hobi pats my head before brushing past me and stopping short seeing Taehyung sitting casually on the couch.

Taehyung looks up and waved with a smile, no longer looking disheveled. He sits with a magazine in his lap, the ones I keep on the coffee table for decorations, and a leg crossed over relaxed.

Following with him was the two J's all having the same reaction but dapping Tae up then Jin with bags of groceries in his hand.

"I figured you ain't have time to go to the store so I did it for you." He smiled before waddling over to my kitchen. He looked over and saw Taehyung and resumed what he was doing. "Hey, Taehyung." But then freezes mid-action and looked up again like he was a ghost sitting in the living room.

His head turns to me like an animatronic and I turn away with a nervous chuckle. Fuck this is gonna suck. Mina was the first to notice and gasped loudly enough to catch the attention of everyone.

"Oh my god, you dyed your hair!" She pointed out and then eyes from the kitchen and living room looked over at me. Sky sneaks past and brushes her hand through the wavy strands nodding her approval with a smile.

"You rock the fuck outta this color." She complimented and my cheeks flush.

"That's what we told her." Implied Jungkook with this coy smile. "She looks good when she has confidence."