Crying for Love in Hell

They say sadness is behind anger, yet anger never comes unless in direct self-defense, and so perhaps I can credit this natural passivity with my willingness to cry and feel pain, to let the sorrow teach me more about my true nature and how fragile we humans are.

Sweat dripped extensively down my face. I grunted from the pain and smiled brightly when that pleasurable feeling passed by me. My ass hurts and I'm catching my breath while I go another round not caring that I'm still sensitive and sore.

This is it, Noelle. The last push.

"Why don't we take a break?" Jimin says touching my bulging arm that held a twenty-five-pound weight and I let go.

We've been in the gym since nine and it's currently going on eleven. I have been working out to avoid thinking about what's going in my life. My muscles scream for a break and I don't know how I've been able to push myself this hard. I've exhorted all the energy I have left and Jimin chuckles. He pulls a towel from off the freshly rolled pyramid and began wiping the sweat off his chest before grabbing another and handing it to me. The cool fabric swiped over my skin and I sighed in bliss.

My head feels a little lighter as I close my eyes and tilt my neck up to the ceiling feeling the breeze from the large fan overhead. Anytime I'm doing good some bad needs to remind me of my karma. But I'ma make good outta what I have and I hate when people take pity on me. We did a cooldown and I grabbed my stuff from out the lockers and made our way to a fruit juice cafe just right up the street.

I got a gree juice with kale and Jimin the organic booster. We sat at a table in comfortable silence and my achy joints did more talking than I could have. It's been some time since I and Jimin were out together without everyone else. Shit, it's been some time since we haven't all been together. It makes me wonder what life will look like once we all graduate and go off looking for law firms and creating families. Just that thought alone makes me wanna swallow it.

"I'm gonna feel this in the morning." Jimin sighs, his plump lips poking out as he blew bubbles at the ceiling. "I did enough squats to compete with Kim K."

I laugh poking my straw in my cup. "At least you'll be natural."

"True." He smiles and there was a brief comfortable silence. We were sitting outside and the wind blew straight through his locks. Surprisingly enough he's maintained to keep away from the scissors and it's been working in his favor. I've been depriving myself of looking as up to par as I should be. Maybe over break, I'll come back looking like another person.

"I didn't know you were a gym rat." He said and I grin as I drank.

"I'm not."

"Could've fooled me." He chuckles. "You were so into whatever you were doing that you didn't even hear me calling your name. And I have a pretty loud voice."

I shrugged taking my eyes off into our surroundings looking at how I'm under the shade but everything is so bright and clear. There are no clouds in the sky and you could perfectly see a plane if it was to pass by.

"Do you have any plans for break?"

I thought it over and shook my head. Usually, when it was the holidays or break I would go back home and dread it every single time. I would always say it'll be different this year, that maybe my family has changed but they never do. They're just as disappointing as I am to them.

"I'm going to spend time with my Aunt. She lives in this very small town so I think it would do me some good to get away from the city."

Jimin nods, accepting my answer, and casts a glance at two girls walking down the sidewalk. They were side by side, almost appeared to look like sisters and one of them took notice of him. Jimin has this terrible but efficient thing he does where he stares until he makes you uncomfortable. It's like stalking prey.