It Ended With Love

Rain patters against the roof cooling down the living room and turning the earth's brightness down to a dim smooth enough for a movie day.

I'm wrapped in a giant oversized hoodie blanket which weighs me down to the ground. We moved the coffee table and pushed back the couch to create a fort filled with stuffed animals and blankets that made an oasis of paradise.

The volume was turned up just enough to be heard without dominating the atmosphere. As the movie progresses Taehyung would absentmindedly touch me in the littlest ways from time to time, often grazing gentle fingers slowly over my arm or thigh without realizing it.

I would sometimes glance over when he does it, thinking he's trying to start something but he's so focused on the movie that it becomes the sweetest thing ever.

He's been working so hard these past weeks and I decided he needed a little break. So when we woke up this morning, kissed each other with hushed breathing, the rain soothed us into being lazy for a day. Even though this really is what I do whenever I'm alone.

But as of right now life couldn't be more perfect. I keep counting my blessings and trying to keep up with what I'm being awarded. Life has a way of changing the course of one's life when least expected. The gravitational pull of my course has been stirring in all places and it seems it has finally calmed to a tempo I could keep up with.

I'll be graduating next month—in four weeks to be exact. I'm nervous. I get butterflies in my stomach anytime I think about how quickly May has seemed to approach me. Spring break was too short and summer break is at its peak.

But would it even be a summer's break when I'm now looking for work and the grind never ends? The transition is something I've always dreaded. It's approaching doom coming faster than I would like.

But right now—at this moment I am content. There's nothing I wouldn't give for thousands of moments like these where I'm stuck in a daze looking at Taehyung being so completely handsome. And he isn't even doing anything. Just watching a movie with a thumb grazing my bare thigh.

"Are you gonna take a picture?" He said without turning away. I laugh a quiet laugh remembering those words all too clearly. The very first words spoken between us--the words that brought us together.

"I love you," I whispered into the empty void of rain and background noise from the tv. None of it matters now.

He turns to me with a lazy smile sitting atop his face and ears tinted the color of a light rose in bloom. Lightning flashed in the sky and reflected off his eyes. He glides a hand up from my thigh to my cheek and left it there. I fell into it like it was made of clouds. So soft and big if shapes around the frame of my face.

"Impossible. I think I love you a bit more." Tae said, and I smiled.

I lift a dainty brow, "Wanna bet?"

Tae does the same with a smirk and then chuckles. "There isn't enough money in the world that can be betted on our love. It's too grand."

I grimaced, "You words repulse me." And he tilts his head back and lets out a roar of laughter. The sky does the same with thunder shaking the room a bit.

"I can't help it, you're fun to mess with."

Toying with him, I move away from his hand and look forward to the tv. "Piss off." I cross my arms over my chest.

Taehyung pulls me down to lay with him on the floor, the blanket I used the cover the top of the fort twinkled from the star patches on them giving the illusion I'm looking up at a starry night sky.

His eyes are big balls of droopy honey that just melt me in the right way as I look at him. Long thick curly hair falling into his face, skin as tanned as the sun kisses, and a face chiseled from the best craftsmen God had to offer.