One

San stood in front of the airport, chest tight and tears threatening to fall.

"Please take care..." he begged in a heartbroken tone.

"I will, please don't worry about me." His lover smiled apologetically.

San sighed deeply and pulled him into a tight hug, the fear to let go growing inside him.
"I'm going to miss you so so much Wooyoung...don't take too long."

It made the other laugh. "Come on Sannie, it's just one week."

A small smile spread on San's face. "You're right...but it's our first time being apart."

"And the last." The younger promised.

"Pinky promise?" San held out his little finger and smiled when the other wrapped his pinky around it.

"Pinky promise."

San kissed his finger before detangling them. "You should go..."

Wooyoung nodded. "But before that.." He pulled back to take off the necklace that he's been wearing for years and locked it around San's neck.

" He pulled back to take off the necklace that he's been wearing for years and locked it around San's neck

"Wooyoung..."

"You know how much this necklace means to me..."

"Of course, it's your mother's and-"

"And I want you to wear it...until I come back and then you can give it back to me."

San's heart swelled at the meaningful gesture. It meant the world to him. "Baby..."

Wooyoung smiled. "My mother would be happy to see me loving someone so much and getting so much love back. So don't worry... I trust you with it and with my heart."

San cupped his cheeks and kissed him lovingly. "I love you so much...and I'll never let you down." He held the locked in his fist. "I'll take care of it."

"She'll protect you..." Wooyoung smiled, memories of his loving mother coming back to him.

However, San's smile fell. "This...wait, no, Wooyoung, you should take it-"

The other shook his head. "She's your guardian angel while I'm gone."

San felt his heart ache for some odd reason. Maybe the fear of something happening to his lover, or maybe it was the responsibility to keep the necklace safe.

Wooyoung smiled, a feeling of peace filling him. "See you later Sannie."

"Call me as soon as you get there."

.
.
.

Head hanging low, San walked down the street with no aim. He was just missing his lover of 3 years and hoping to receive his call soon.

He made the careless mistake of not looking around and not waiting for the red light before crossing the street.

It only hit him when he saw in the corner of his eye a big red truck speeding his way.

He wanted to run but his legs didn't move and felt like they were glued to the concrete street.

He could only look up at the vehicle with big shocked eyes and wait for it to smash him.

San closed his eyes and held the necklace tightly, expecting the end to come soon.

But he could only hear loud annoying horns and the yelling of an angry driver.

"Get the fuck out of the way you brainless bastard!!"

San's eyes opened wide and he sprinted to the other side of the street. Panting and running his fingers through his hair. "That was so close...oh my god I could have died..." he held the red rose locket in his hand and took a deep breath. "Thank you..."

As soon as he got home, San put his dead phone on charge, and when it came to life, the first thing he saw was a few notifications from an hour ago from the person he loves most.

'I'm on the plane baby.'
'They have wifi here! ( )'
'I'll call you when we land'
'I love you! ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎'

They made the lonely boy smile then frown upon remembering that the plane should have landed by now.

The first thing he did was try to call him.

Again and again

But he couldn't reach him and the number was out of service.

Anyone in his shoes would start to panic.

He started pacing around the apartment to calm his nerves but it didn't work.

Turning the tv on didn't work either because the first thing he saw were news about a plane crash.

He tried calling again but the other was still out of reach.

"Please be okay please be okay please be okay." San kept repeating and pacing in the living room. "Please be okay, you have to be okay!"

A sudden ding from his phone made him run to it to check the notifications.

And it was none other than his lover's name displayed on the screen.

_______________________________
|—-(My one and only♥︎♡︎♥︎) has sent you a | |voice note—- |
|____________________________|

[ play ●——————————————- ]