Seven

Seonghwa pressed play.

"...Listen to me baby...live your life to the fullest and don't ever look back...don't feel bad to love again and be happy..."

San's eyes went wide and his breath quickened as soon as he heard that familiar pained voice.

"Give it to me!!" He screamed at his friend and tried to take his phone back. "Stop it!!"

"Listen San just listen!"

"No!!" San covered his ears and turned away, unable to stop himself from shaking.
"Turn it off!!"

"San-"

"I said turn it off!!!"

He felt like his throat will pop from screaming so loudly like that, he couldn't control himself.

Seonghwa threw the phone onto the bed and approached San. "I turned it off."

San threw himself into his friend's arms and began crying loudly like a baby.

It was too painful.

"San...did you hear what he said?" Seonghwa hugged him tightly. "He told you to live a happy life and find love again..." he tried talking soothingly, but he only received an even more sorrowful sob.

"Please San...you have to move on...it's been over a year..."

"How...how could I hyung...nothing has a meaning without him..."

Seonghwa clenched his jaw and closed his eyes to stop his own tears from falling.

"You have to make him proud...you have let him really rest in peace knowing you're well..."

"Do you think he's upset with me...?" San asked quietly.

Seonghwa gently rubbed the other's back. "No, of course not...but I'm sure he wouldn't be happy seeing you like this..."

"He hated seeing me cry..."

"Then you should be stronger...for him."

San just wiped his tears. "I'm sorry for worrying you..."

"Why don't you come over and have dinner with us?" Seonghwa suggested with a smile.

San only looked up at him, knowing his friend unintentionally hurt his feelings.

How would it feel like to be alone with a happy couple when you've lost your other half?

"Thanks hyung...I'll just stay here.."

Seonghwa sighed. "Alright...but don't turn off your phone, okay?"

San nodded and waved to his friend. "See you later..."

He sat down on the bed, staring at the ground for a long moment before getting up and without a second thought, leaving the apartment.

He wanted to see that person again.

The one that unintentionally reopened his wound.

But he wasn't there.

"Where..." San looked around him, staring to panic.

He can't lose him too.

He didn't even know his name.

"No..." San ran his fingers through his hair as he looked around him.

No trace of that homeless guy.

He sat down on the ground and hugged his knees crying.

Why was he crying over a stranger?