Five

San remained quiet, too ashamed to say anything.

"Yes, I am."

"I'm sorry..."

The blind guy laughed. "Don't apologize, it's not your fault...no need to make me feel more pathetic."

"That's not-"

"I don't care what you meant, now please leave."

"Why do you always tell me to leave?"

"I don't trust you."

"I've never done anything to you."

"It's not you, I don't trust anyone."

"Do you sleep on the streets?" San asked out of curiosity more than sympathy.

"Better than being in an unloving house."

San frowned. Was he that miserable before becoming homeless?

He sat down on the ground next to the other. "It's the same for me really..."

"How?"

"Ever since I lost him...my house never felt like home or felt nice at all...I'd rather be outside."

"He must have been special, whoever he is."

San lifted his head up to the sky and closed his eyes shut to stop tears from escaping.
"My everything..."

"What happened?"

"Died in a plane crash..."

"I also lost someone important." The homeless guy admitted. "I wouldn't be like this if I hadn't lost him."

"Who did-" San was about to ask when he received a phone call.

"San! I need your help."

"Hyung...what's wrong?"

"Yeosang got really sick and we'll stay in hospital tonight, could you please watch our cat?

"Sure..." San showed no interest in either information, but the guy on the other line was too busy to pay attention.

"Thank you!" Seonghwa hung up.

"I should go..." San got up.

"Okay...will you come back tomorrow?"

San smiled a little. "Yeah..." he put his phone back in his pocket, got up and walked away.

He misjudged this guy so badly.

But now he wants to be friends with him.

After picking up the couple's cat, San drove home. At least he'll have company with him.

He laid down in bed, gently but absentmindedly petting the white fluffy cat as he thought of the homeless guy on the bridge.

They seemed to have a lot in common.

But is seemed like something is missing.

Something he felt the need to know about the other.