Twelve

Wooyoung tripped and fell to the ground, the dish and glass flying and dropping to the floor, smashing under and around him.

He quickly tried to get up, but San stopped him.

"Don't move!"

Wooyoung gasped. "I'm sorry..."

"No...it's okay, but you'll hurt yourself like this..." he carefully stepped forward and helped the other by pulling him up by his arms.

He looked where Wooyoung was holding onto his white sweater and it was now stained red.
"Wait, you cut your hand."

San looked down at the floor. "Let me carry you."

"But-"

"Just let me." San picked him up in his arms and carefully walked out of the kitchen, setting him down on the couch. "I'll be right back."

He got the first aid kit and sat down next to Wooyoung, taking his hands to check for any pieces of glass before cleaning the few cuts on both his hands and wrapping them up.

Although Wooyoung couldn't see anything, he felt San's gentleness and care as he treated his hands.

"There you go."

"Thank you..."

San smiled. "Be careful, okay?" He bent down and folded up Wooyoung's long sweatpants so he doesn't trip on them again.

"I'm really sorry..."

"Please don't say that...I'm more than happy to help."

Wooyoung tried his best to hold back his tears. he felt so much like a burden.
"Can I leave now?"

San frowned. "Now? Why?"

"Please...just show me the way."

"Okay..." San didn't press, not wanting to force the other or make him uncomfortable.

With a sigh, he helped him to the door and out to the car.

"Where do you want me to drop you off?"

It was a hurtful question that reminded Wooyoung he doesn't have a home or a place to go.

"The bridge..."

The ride was quiet and somewhat sad.

San didn't want Wooyoung to leave at all, while the other just felt like he was useless and no more than a burden.

"Thank you." Wooyoung found the door handle  and carefully exited the car, immediately refusing when San offered help.

He sat down on the ground, hugging his knees to his chest.

San sighed as he watched him, but had no other choice but to drive off.

———————

"I don't know what to do hyung..."

Seonghwa smiled. "You like him San."

"No-"

"Stop denying it, it's okay."

San sighed. "I can't..."

"Why?"

"Wooyoung would be disappointed in me..."

Seonghwa smiled. "Sannie...you know that's not true...he told you to live your life to the fullest."

San wiped a stray tear. "Is it really okay...?"

"Of course."

San sighed, knowing that when his friends know the truth, they wouldn't say the same thing.