Twenty Eight

San tilted his head to the side. "What?"

"I don't want to run away from you again...I want to stay here..."

San's lips curled up into a smile. "Why would that be selfish? I would love to have you stay here."

"After all I've done?"

"I forgive you..."

"No, you don't...I pretended to be your dead boyfriend."

"I'm okay with that...it...makes sense why you decided to lie..."

"I'm sorry again..."

San just nodded, looking down at his lap. It wasn't really okay with him what the other did, but he was willing to let go of that as well. Let go of his anger and resentment.

"My boyfriend always said...life is too short to waste on grieving."

Wooyoung chuckled. "That's wise, but...is it possible?"

"He lost his mom and then dad not long after...but he was always so full of life...only now I realize how strong he was for being so... okay."

Wooyoung didn't want to turn the attention to him, but he wondered if someone back 'home' missed him or was grieving his disappearance like San was.

"I promised myself to never get too attached to anyone again...because one way or another, they all leave."

"But is it this easy?"

San smiled. "Definitely not."

The two sat in comfortable silence for a while

"You're too forgiving..."

"What?"

"You gave me way too many chances, way more than I deserved...you always find your way to help me, even after all I did...and no matter how many times I pushed you away...you still came because you knew I needed you."

San stared at the other quietly.

He wondered why he did that, why he always gave this boy another chance.

Was it his looks? It was the most obvious answer, but was it the right one?

"I'm not usually like this..." he murmured out while still zoned out.

"It doesn't change the fact that you're a very kind person...I...I understand why your boyfriend loved you so much and why you were so happy together..."

San didn't even blink, all he could do is stare and think.

Why was he doing all of this? Where will it lead eventually? What if this Wooyoung regains his memory and leaves? What if he has a significant other searching for him somewhere?

"Are you listening to me?"

"Yes...yes, of course...I'm sorry, I zoned out."

Wooyoung's pouted. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned him..."

"No no, it's okay, I'm okay really."

Even though he never really was, San could assure the other that everything was fine.

Wooyoung scoffed. "Come on, I ruined your life... of course you're not okay."

"Stop blaming yourself...the way you look isn't your fault, me throwing myself at you isn't your fault, me being very delusional isn't your fault either...it's neither of us...I couldn't control myself either."

Wooyoung wiped a stray tear off his cheek. "Remember when I said I wish we never met? I take it back."

San cracked a smile, this boy was so different from when he first met him. His true delicate personality was slolwy showing.

Like a beautiful blood red rose that someone cut off its thorns and was finally safe to care for and admire.

Except it had no roots...

And a rose with no roots will wither sooner or later.

No matter how much you take care of it.

And no matter how much love you give it.

San's smile fell when he thought he would lose this boy eventually too.

He has to find his original home and leave.

"Wooyoung, I don't want you to leave ever."

Wooyoung was a little taken back by the sudden confession. "That's...what I said too...I don't want to leave."

"No...Wooyoung, I want you with me."

"I don't understand."

"I like you."

"What? San, I'm not-"

"Not as my dead boyfriend, but as the blind boy I found on the bridge, I like you! You for yourself!"

**************************
A/N: short chapter I know, but I have to leave you at a cliffhanger :>