Twenty one

"Why do we need a doctor..." Wooyoung nervously asked.

"To see if there's a away to regain your memory...and maybe check your eyes as well."

Wooyoung gulped. "And my eyes? I could see again?"

San nodded. "There's always a possibility...since you had perfect eyesight before."

"San, I-"

San smiled a little. "You used to call me Sannie..."

"I'm sorry that I don't remember."

"Please don't apologize...I completely understand."

Wooyoung lowered his head, feeling so guilty.

Especially that San thought that he got his lover back but has still to be formal with him.

On top of all of that, he was so understanding and forgiving.

"San, I..."

He doesn't deserve to be lied to...
He doesn't deserve to suffer like this...

"Is everything okay?"

"Y-Yeah...don't worry..."

San smiled. "So what do you say about the date?"

Wooyoung very hesitantly nodded. "Yeah..."

"Great! I'm so excited." He happily grinned.

For a moment, Wooyoung looked up and imagined how he would be met with San's smiling eyes.

But they would hold something in them...

Hidden tears...

It was pure imagination, but it felt so real it broke his heart, he was the cause of it, San's hidden pain.

Was he even allowed to try and make him feel better?

It would only cause more pain.

'What have I gotten myself into...being back on the streets would have been so much easier...'

———-

"I wish you could see the view... it would definitely remind you of our first date..."

Wooyoung shrunk in his seat, rubbing his arm guiltily. "I'm sorry..."

"No no! Please, I never want you to apologize...it's nothing you can control, I'm sorry I said it like that, I-"

"It's okay."

It was easy to understand San's point of view. He believed if Wooyoung had his sight, he would so quickly remember so many things.

But it was just a wish.

"Um..." San started. "I've noticed your attitude has changed a lot since you remembered me...and...I was wondering why..."

Wooyoung gulped, tapping his hand's way to the glass of water on the table. "It's just comfort of being around you..."

San just watched him. "That's good..."

"Are we really high up?"

"It's a rooftop restaurant."

Wooyoung hummed, holding his chest as it suddenly felt tight.

"When we came here the first time...even though we were already best friends...I realized I didn't know you very well."