Ten

"Why are you here? It's raining..."

"Because I knew you would be sitting here like this. Get up, take my hand."

Wooyoung shook his head and used his cane to stand up, earning a chuckle from the other.

"Let's go to my apartment."

"In your dreams."

"Do you really want to stay out here?"

"We could go somewhere public."

San sighed. "It's so late, there are barely any  stores open."

"I don't care!"

"Okay okay, will you let me guide you?"

"You can use your voice." Wooyoung said as he tapped his cane on the ground to make his way.

San walked by him, holding the umbrella over both of them. "The rain is so heavy..."

"I can hear it."

"I know...let's hurry up then."

"I don't want to trip." Wooyoung muttered.

"If you just let me-"

"No." He cut him off.

San smiled, starting to find it cute how defensive the other always was.

"Alright, we'll walk slow."

The two boys took slow steps under the rain, looking around him, San found the streets empty of people or even lights. It was expected with how late it was and how heavy the rain was, and there was probably a thunderstorm coming.

But he didn't want to push the other.

"Why are you quie-"  Wooyoung gasped and subconsciously pressed himself against San as a loud thunder violently broke the silence.

San himself was startled by it. But he was more focused on the boy clinging to his arm now.
"Hey...it's just thunder, it's okay..." he assured with a soothing voice.

Wooyoung hated rain, thunder and storms in general.

They scared him because he couldn't see anything.

It was uncontrollable danger.

He shook his head. "T-Take me to your place."

The request well surprised San, but he was more than glad to listen and do it without a single word.

He could notice the blind boy next to him trying to go faster, but he still managed to trip even with his cane.

San could only think of one solution.

"Let me carry you."

And expected to get hit, be slapped or be yelled at.

But to his surprise, he only got a rushed nod.

San smiled, handing Wooyoung the umbrella and squatting down. "Lean forward and put your arms around my neck." He instructed and successfully carried the other on his back after a few position adjustments.

"Hold on tight!" San smiled and stared taking big fast steps and even running on the muddy streets.

Wooyoung was too light for someone his age. But it wasn't a surprise with how little he got to eat.

Even though Wooyoung didn't say a word the whole time, San felt his fists clench around his shirt and the umbrella followed by a surpressed whimper every time thunder came.

"We're here..." San announced as they walked into the apartment building.

"Put me down." Wooyoung immediately demanded.