Twenty Four

San ran out of the building and got into the car, starting the engine without thinking.

But when he did think, he paused.

What am I doing?

He lied to me and pretended to be Wooyoung...

What the hell am I doing?

...

The right thing.

I'm doing the right thing.

As soon as he got his answer, San speed drove to the bridge, hoping to find him there.

No matter the pain, he didn't have the heart to leave a blind homeless boy who is terrified of thunderstorms on the streets in this weather.

He didn't even have to look for him.

He was right there, the only person there.

Curled up against the railings, visibly shaking of cold and fear as he covered his ears so tight it looked like he was going to break his skull.

No noise came out of his mouth and his breathing wasn't even.

He was petrified.

San ran out of the car towards him. "Wooyoung!"

It may have not been his name, but it's the only name San knew to call him with.

No response, probably didn't hear him.

"Wooyoung get up! Come with me."

The said Wooyoung heard him this time, and could easily recognize his voice.

Even in this situation, he was surprised.

He had no expectations for San to come for him.

Simply because of the previous storm. Wooyoung waited and waited in the rain, in the cold, in fear, but San never showed up.

So he lost hope this time.

Because he truly believed San wouldn't leave him alone in a thunderstorm he knew he feared so much.

It made him angry.

Why did he show up only now?

"G-Go away!" Wooyoung yelled out, refusing to move.

"It's me, San! I came to take you."

"I know it's you! And I'm not going with you!"

"What do you mean you're not coming? You hate storms!"

"I-I'd rather die-" Wooyoung whimpered mid sentence when thunder banged. "Than go with you!"

San muttered a curse and sighed heavily, it wasn't the time to tame this wild cat.

So he did what he used to do when he first met him.

Scooping him up in his arms and running away with him, while ignoring all the hits and insults thrown at him.

"Put me down put me down! I don't wanna go with you! Let me go!"

"Just stay still I'm gonna slip and hurt both of us!"

San eventually made it to the car, throwing him into the front seat and locking him in with the seatbelt.

Even when San got into the driver's seat, Wooyoung was still struggling to get out.

"Stop!" He grabbed both his wrists and held them down. "I'm just trying to help you!"

"I don't want your help let me go!"