Two

A/N: 🎵 I HIGHLY recommend listening to (in my room- SHINee) while reading this chapter🎵
*****************************************

San let out a heavy sigh of relief, picking up his phone and pressing play.

He was so ready to hear the voice he loved so much.

Ready to hear him say that he arrived at the hotel and that he loves the view.

Ready to hear him complain about having to sleep alone in a ridiculously huge bed.

Ready to hear his high and loud laugh.

He was ready to be assured that everything is fine.

But what he really heard wasn't any of that.

"Baby..." the cheerful voice sounded weak and hurt and in the midst of a chaos. "There's a problem in the plane engine..." he coughed, it was probably smoky and dark around him.
"I don't think we'll make it." His voice broke into a sob. "I'm so sorry...I broke my promise...I don't think I'll come back Sannie..." sounds of people screaming and things breaking filled San's ear. "Listen to me baby...live your life to the fullest and don't ever look back...don't feel bad to love again and be happy...you have my necklace to protect you so I won't worry...please take care...I-I love you..."

There was so much pain in his voice.

The phone fell from San's hand and hit the floor hard.

He knew it was too late to do anything because the voice message was sent at least an hour ago but was only delivered now.

"Wooyoung...no...no way..."

His weak legs forced him to fall to his knees, his hand was pressed against his chest that felt like it will rip and reveal a shattered heart.

He couldn't cry, he couldn't scream.

Nothing would turn back time.

If only...

If only you kept the necklace...

.
.
.
.

Time never healed San's heart.

It always felt hollow.

And no one could ever take his lover's place.

"Excuse me, I can't see any red roses here? I'd like to make a bouquet." A smiley customer asked.

They always asked this annoying question and San always had the same answer.

"I'm sorry, we don't sell red roses."

"Are you sure? What kind of flower shop-"

"Ma'am please, I told you we don't sell them."

The customer wasn't wrong. What kind of flower shop doesn't sell red roses? Especially around Valentines day.

But even as a florist, San couldn't bring himself to sell red roses.

It was too painful.

He believed that nobody deserves to receive red roses other than Wooyoung, his long gone lover.