Thirty Two

The four boys met again at Yunho's place even though it was late at night.

San was already crying, head buried into his hands and grabbing at his hair.

"San please..." Yunho gently placed his hand on San's back to comfort him, but to no avail.

"Will you tell us what happened?" Seonghwa sighed, watching their friend break down in front of them.

But San was not responding to any of them, lost in his own thoughts.

"He received a text message from an unknown number..." Yunho spoke quietly, trying to hold back his tears as he comforted San. "It said 'Baby, I'm Wooyoung, I'm alive and at Kangbuk hospital, please come pick me up.' ."

Seonghwa and Yeosang stared at Yunho with wide eyes and open mouths then at each other. "No way..."

Yunho nodded. "I know..."

"I told you...I told you it was a sign...you didn't believe me..." San murmured quietly, rocking back and forth in his chair. "It happened...it happened...what am I supposed to do? What the hell do I do?"

"San...it's okay..."Seonghwa reached to comfort his friend, but his hand was quickly pushed away.

"It's not okay! You can't tell me that it's okay because it's not! I was dying for two years to hear that my boyfriend is alive! And when I hear that he is, I have someone else in my life?! How is that okay?!"

Yeosang sighed. "Why don't we go to the hospital now?"

"It's really late, they won't allow visits."

"Did he text him back?"

Yunho shook his head. "He didn't, and he won't even let me touch his phone to text back...at least we could assure Wooyoung that we received his message."

Yeosang furrowed his eyebrows, something seemed off to him.

"What are you thinking of?" Seonghwa asked his boyfriend after seeing him confused.

Yeosang nodded at him then turned to San. "San why don't you go and wash your face with some cold water so we can talk about what we're gonna do?"

San shook his head. "I don't want to..."

Yunho sighed, their friend was being ridiculous. "If you wanna do something, then we have to talk, you can't just sit here and cry all night."

"Talk about what? I'm already screwed!"

"You're not, we have a chance to talk to Wooyoung and tell him everything before he meets your new guy."

"He can't meet him! I won't let that happen!"

"Then we need to start thinking what we're gonna do!" Seonghwa yelled back at him.

"Give yourself a break, will you?" Yeosang scolded. "I genuinely feel bad for the boy you left at home thinking you actually like him."

"I do like him!"

"Then consider him! You can't just hide away and pretend like everything will figure itself out, if you like him, do something for his sake at least."

Yunho ran his fingers through his hair. "Yeosang is right, you're not helping yourself , or anyone like this, we better start thinking."

San took a deep breath before nodding. "Alright...what am I supposed to do?"

"Go wash up, I'll make you some tea to calm your nerves." Yunho offered.

San nodded in defeat and headed to the bathroom.

Taking a look at himself in the mirror, he understood why they insisted he calms down and washes his face.

He took a moment to take a few deep breaths, then washed his face with cold water, almost slapping himself with every splash. "Focus San focus...you have to figure out what to do...this isn't another dream."

He leaned against the sink and closed his eyes for a moment, feeling tears building up again, but he had to stop them. "No...no time for being weak..." he took another deep breath, listening to the sound of the water running and letting it take all his focus. "This is reality and there's no escape."

San turned off the water and walked out of the bathroom, gathering his strength as he walked to where the other boys were sitting.

He looked up and found all three of them staring at him with wide eyes.

"What..."

He took a step closer, titling his head to the side. "Why are you looking at me like that? What did you do?"

"What did we do?"

"What do you mean? Why is no one answering me?"

"San..." Yunho looked at his friend, gulping. "We're sorry but..."

"We looked through your phone San." Yeosang showed his phone in his hand. "The most recent text you received is a flower order."

It was a moment of silence that none of them could break.

San was looking in their eyes for a lie, for an explanation, for a hint of laughter, that it was just a joke.

"Give me my phone, I'll show you." He snatched his phone from Yeosang's hand, looking through the messages to prove to them that they were wrong, and he was right.

But only the opposite was proven.

The most recent message was indeed a flower order.

************************
A/N: what do you think of the story so far?

Q: what would you do if you were San's friend?

Also apparently someone wants to delete this story so If this one gets taken down I will close my account 🙃