Nineteen

"I'm sorry about how I treated your friend..."

San shook his head, more concerned with the kiss. "Don't worry..."

A quiet moment that made them lost again.

"I'm sor-" San wanted to apologize, since the other didn't seem happy about it.

"It's me." Wooyoung cut him off.

"What?"

"I remember your face...your lips...your kiss." He said with a shaky voice.

The shakiness was a result of dishonesty and hesitation.

San's eyes widened, his heart starting to pound like it wanted to break free and jump into Wooyoung's embrace.

"Why are you quiet...?"

Wooyoung couldn't see the big warm tears that started spilling from the other's eyes.

"Wooyoung..." he whispered out. "It's really you..?"

The blind boy started shifting in his spot, he felt bad already.

It's okay, we'll be fine soon.

He told himself.

"Yes, it's me."

The emotionless response made San frown. "Are you sure?"

It made Wooyoung panic.

Did he find out already?

"I-I...I don't remember much...I just said I feel like I remember you...your face..."

San tackled him with a tight hug. "Wooyoung! It's really you...I can't believe it's really you...god, my baby, you're really alive!" he choked out between hiccups.

It was heartbreaking.

But too late to take back the lie.

The most selfish and unforgivable lie.

Wooyoung hesitantly wrapped his arms around him and pat on his back.

When they pulled apart, San was a lot calmer.

"You're alive..." he stared into the other's eyes. "All that time we suffered...but you're alive..."

Wooyoung hesitantly smiled. "I guess fate brought us back together..."

San nodded slowly. "Yes..."

"Can we go to sleep?"

"Of course baby."

The pet name made Wooyoung feel more guilty and more uncomfortable.

It was going to be hard to get used to this.

"Goodnight San..."

"Goodnight."

Wooyoung wondered why it took a while for San to say it back, but he brushed it off and closed his eyes to sleep.

The next morning came and both got up to get ready for work.

San woke the other up with a kiss on the forehead.

But that was the only affection he showed since the night before.

And for the next day.

"Are you okay?" Wooyoung asked while spinning his stool behind the counter.

San smiled a little. "I'm just happy that it's you...I can't believe it..."

Wooyoung just smiled, internally grateful that San hasn't told any of his friends yet.

If it was easy to trick a heartbroken boy, it wasn't easy to trick his already unwelcoming friends.

"Good morning!"

Speaking of them

"Yunho."

"Hi San, I need a nice bouquet for my mother's birthday."

San smiled. "Of course."

Wooyoung fidgeted with his fingers as he waited for San to say something while doing his work.

It was obvious that Yunho was also avoiding the blind boy as much as possible.

He wasn't even looking his way.

"Here you go."

"I love it, thanks!" The happy son paid for his mother's gift and left in a hurry, not wanting to be involved in anything between the two again.

"He didn't say hi to me..." Wooyoung mumbled, making the other chuckle.

"Did you expect him to?"

Wooyoung lowered his head with a sigh. "I didn't apologize..."

San stared at him for a moment. "You wouldn't need to once he knows it's really you."

"Y-Yes, of course..."

That was the last conversation the two had before they got busy with work.

Until the evening.

"Let's go home baby." San held Wooyoung's hand and helped him to the car. "Let's have dinner together and try to help you regain some memories, how does that sound?"

Wooyoung could hear the smile in the other's voice. He sounded excited.

But how could they bring back memories that never happened between them?

He was starting to feel his lie leading to a bad ending, but it was too late to take it back.

"Sounds good." Was all he said.

-

"...and I told myself I have to move on, but I couldn't...I love you too much to forget..."

Wooyoung listened to San tell him about everything happened before and after his real boyfriend passed away, he was quiet the entire time.

Because it was so heartbreaking, not San's love and grief alone, but the lie that he told him that will shatter his heart once exposed.

Why did poor San have to suffer so much?

"Baby...are you okay?" San suddenly asked upon noticing the tears in his boyfriend's eyes, reaching to hold his hand.

As if brought back to reality, Wooyoung wiped his tears and nodded. "Yeah...I just can't remember any of what you told me..."

San smiled. "That's okay! You're back...that's all I could ever ask for..."

The sincerity hurt Wooyoung even more.

Just how big was San's love for his boyfriend, that nothing matters to him, not even if he remembers him or if he could see him at all.

He wished he deserved this love.

He wished to have it.

To experience it.

But it wasn't him.

He was a pretender.

A major liar.

"Thank you..." he choked out and shoved a spoonful into his mouth.

He felt San quickly take his hand back.

Why?!

"San? Is everything okay?"

"Yes...everything is fine..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes...uhm...Youngie?"

"Hm?"

"I think it's about time you take your necklace back..."

******************
A/N: I promise I tried to do regular updates :')

Also! Thank you for making Stone Heart #1 on Woosan again! <333