Twenty Two

Wooyoung's heart stopped for a second.

How could he know?!
Maybe he doesn't...?

"San...what are you talking about?"

"You don't know what I'm talking about?"

Wooyoung shook his head. "No...I really don't..."

San chuckled bitterly. "You can't pretend to be my Wooyoung anymore, please stop it."

It was easy to notice how the blind boy started panicking, his breathing heavy and his eyes filling with tears.

"I-I didn't..."

"You didn't?"

"No!"

"I really believed you at first...when I hugged you the first time after you told me...you pat my back...my Wooyoung hated that gesture...when you ate cucumbers at the dinner table with no problem...when you hated the smell of the perfume that he loved most...when we kissed..." San choked on the last part. "You don't chew your lips like him, you don't sleep like him, you don't love me like him!!"

At this point, Wooyoung started crying too, unable to defend himself.

"I told myself countless times that it's all because of your memory loss." San gritted his teeth, stepping closer to the other. "But don't you think it's weird that you could only remember my face when you touched it? Not our favorite music when I played it for you, not our first date, not your mother, not even the necklace?!"

"Stop it!!" Wooyoung sobbed. "I had to! You were suffering, I did it for you!"

"For me?! How was lying to me gonna help?! I'm losing you too now I'm gonna relive everything!"

"I'm sorry..." Wooyoung found a wall to lean against. "I just...I just needed to feel like I belong somewhere...like I'm someone..."

San shook his head. "That was very selfish of you...you knew how hurt I'd be when I find out..."

"I did...I know it's selfish...but it was gonna make you happy too!"

San buried his face into hands. "It did...but what's the point..." he wiped his tears. "This hurt me way more..."

"I'm sorry..." Wooyoung reached his hand out to try and find the other, but heard him step back.

"Get out of my house."

"S-San, please..."

"Leave!"

Wooyoung didn't care about having a place to sleep as much as he cared about how hurt San was, and that he'll never meet him again.

As he successfully reached the door, he stopped to say a few words. "Thank you...for everything..."

After that, he walked out and made his way to the stairs, which he fell down the last few, but he was fine.

Physically at least.

He walked aimlessly, not caring where he would end up, as long as it kept him away from San.

Meanwhile, San was completely breaking down on the floor.

His deep wound was opened, stabbed and clumsily sewn back up.

It was way more pain than he thought he could handle.

He couldn't even stand up or move at all.