Thirty Six

"What did you call it?"

"Pink cloud candy." Wooyoung repeated innocently. "Is that not what it's called?"

He was confused again by the silence. "San?"

San quickly cleared his throat. "No...no it's called cotton candy."

"Oh...that's weird...I thought I really knew that one."

San quietly paid, took the candy and Wooyoung's hand and walked out.

"I'm really excited to try all the candy you got." Wooyoung smiled. "I still don't know what I like and don't like..."

"Let's head home then."

-

"So you made up and it's all good?" San spoke on the phone with his best friend.

It made Wooyoung chuckle and whisper. "I told you so."

San smiled. "Alright hyung, I'm happy for you." He expressed before hanging up.

"I feel weird about their relationship."

"Hm?"

"They're always fighting."

"They love each other."

"But is it enough if they're not happy?"

"How do you know they're not happy?"

Wooyoung shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, they don't seem like it."

"I promise you they're fine, it's just a rough time for them, they'll get through it."

"Are we gonna be like them?"

San's eyes widened at the sudden question. "I..I don't know? Every relationship is different...and today was our first date, I can't tell you."

Wooyoung sighed, not knowing how to explain the strange feeling he had.

"Do you want to sleep?"

Wooyoung nodded. "Yeah, I'm starting to get a headache."

The two went to bed and laid down next to each other and pulled the blanket over them.

San's attention was on the other's constant moving fingers.

"Is there something on your mind?"

"No...nothing..."

San hummed in thought. "Do you wanna cuddle?"

As soon as he asked the question, he saw Wooyoung's expressions change.

"Can we?"

"Of course, come here."

Wooyoung wrapped his arms around San's waist and buried his face into his chest.

"Goodnight." San whispered as he held him and pet his hair.

The morning sun shone and lit up their bedroom with warm rays that made the sighted one of them scrunch up his face and hide under the blanket.

He forgot the curtains open last night.

With a sigh, he slowly let go of Wooyoung and rolled out of bed.

He took a shower, made breakfast then went to take a look at Wooyoung.

He looked so peaceful it felt like it was a crime to wake him up.

It immediately reminded him of his last boyfriend.

And how much it took of him to wake him up, or to let go of him in the morning at all.

San scolded himself for thinking like that.

He wasn't supposed to compare the two.

It was an old chapter that ended and he was ready to start a new one.

"Good morning." He said, when the sleeping boy started moving.

"Morning..."

"Breakfast is ready."

Wooyoung smiled. "I'll wash up and come."

He made his way to the bathroom to wash his face.

He felt dizzy as he splashed his face with water, leaving the bathroom as quickly as he could to make it bad to bed.

After a few deep breaths, Wooyoung got up and followed San to the kitchen.

"Hey...have a seat."

Wooyoung nodded and sat down.

"Are you okay?" San asked.

"Yeah, just a headache..."

"I have some painkillers if you want."

"No, I'm good."

"Alright." San sat down and began eating with the other.

"Can we go out today too?" Wooyoung suddenly asked.

"Go out?"

"Like on a date."

San smiled. "Of course...where would you like to go?"

"I don't mind."

"Sure, I would love that."

Wooyoung was quiet for the rest of the day, unusually quiet.

San didn't ask and figured if there was something bothering him, he would speak up.

Dinner time came around and the two went out to eat and chat, because what else could they do? Their options were very limited.

"I'm sorry we can't do anything fun..." Wooyoung shamefully apologized for his disability.

"What are you talking about? This is fun."

"I know, but...there are so many activities that we can't do because of my blindness."

"It doesn't bother me at all...I enjoy even just sitting in silence with you."

"Why do you like me so much?" The younger asked after a long pause.

"Eh...why wouldn't I? You have a great personality...a little difficult, but that's what makes you interesting."

"But you...you can date anyone you want, you have many options...why me?"

"Maybe that's true...but no one made me feel again like you did...you brought me to life again."

"But..."

San noticed the other starting to get frustrated, and soon had tears in his eyes that he was clearly fighting off.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes...yes I am."

"Do you wanna go home?"

"Yes, please." Wooyoung quickly responded.

San didn't ask questions as they left the restaurant and entered the car.

But he couldn't hold it for long.

As soon as they walked into the apartment, San held his hand. "Please tell me what's wrong? Did I say something wrong? Did I hurt your feelings? Please tell me so I can fix that."

"No..."

"Then what is it?"

"Please...I just want to rest."

San sighed . "Alright...I'm not sleepy yet, call for me if you need anything."

Wooyoung nodded and quickly went into the room to cry out the tears he's been holding and fighting all day.

He couldn't tell San the truth.

He was getting flashbacks....

**********************************
A/N: what do you think?