Nine

"What he needs are basic things..." San thought out loud as he walked through the supermarket the next evening. "Food, blankets, clothes, maybe a sleeping bag...hm..."

He then sighed as he looked at the pile of stuff in his shopping cart.

"He would throw them at me..."

Even getting food for the homeless guy was a challenge, how would he react to all of this stuff? San knew he couldn't give them all at once.

"One thing at a time?" San hummed then groaned. "That would take too long..."

He sighed, standing in the same spot.

Then something caught his eyes.

That's it!

That's all he needed. He pushed the cart aside and grabbed that item and went straight to the checkout counter.

San walked out of the store with a single bag and a smile on his face.

He got one but very useful thing.

He threw it in the car and drove straight to the bridge, not wanting to waste more time.

"I just hope he doesn't hit me with it." San parked the car and continued his way by foot.

"Wooyoung."

The boy looked up. "You're here early."

"I know, did you miss me?"

Wooyoung chuckled. "You seem happy."

"I got you something." San sat down next to the other.

Wooyoung's smile fell. "I don't want it, thank you."

"Just wait, you're gonna love it."

"I said no!"

"Tada~"

San got so used to the homeless guy's defensive attitude it didn't bother him anymore.

"I don't care what it is, I don't want it!"

San put the gift on Wooyoung's lap. "Here.."

Wooyoung went quiet, slowly touching what's on his lap. "A cane...?"

"And it's got a flower on top!" San said excitedly

"And it's got a flower on top!" San said excitedly. "You can use it to make your way without tripping or bumping into something."

Wooyoung stayed quiet, carefully studying the cane's details with his cold fingers.

San watched him with a proud smile. "You love it, don't you?"

"Thank you...I...I never thought of using one..."

"You're welcome."

"Was it expensive?" He quietly asked.

"Not at all, don't worry about that."

Wooyoung stood up and used the cane to guide him for a few steps to try it out.

San watched him with a smile, he really picked the perfect item.

—————-

"...Yesterday I got him a cane and he loved it!"

Yunho's smile grew wider as he listened to his best friend speak with enthusiasm for the first time in over a year.

It was so nice to see him smile like that.

"You're so kind for doing that."

San nodded, wrapping flowers together into a beautiful bouquet.

"So...what's so special about this guy? You know there are so many homeless people in this area..."

San gulped. He kept avoiding mentioning the fact that the boy looked identical to his deceased boyfriend and that he started calling him Wooyoung too.

"N-Nothing...he's just...he just caught my eyes."

Yunho saw through the lie. "Yah...do you like him?" He grinned with excitement. "You like him, don't you?"

San's head shot up to look at the other. "No! What the hell?! No! How could I? I could never look at anyone after Wooyoung!"

"Alright alright chill...I was just asking..." Yunho kept watching his friend, finding the overly defensive attitude kind of suspicious, but not wanting to push.

"Let's go to the arcade tonight." He suggested.

San finished the bouquet and added the card. "I can't, I'm busy tonight."

"Doing what?"

"Meeting with Wo- the guy I told you about."

"But you already meet with him everyday." Yunho pouted like a child.

"He'll be waiting for me, I can't let him down. Plus, if I don't get him dinner, he'll sleep with an empty stomach."

Yunho sighed. "Alright, Mingi and I will go anyway...you can join us if you change your mind."

San just hummed. "See you later."

—————-

Wooyoung groaned as it suddenly started raining, he could hear people's footsteps as they started running to find a place to hide from the pouring rain.

He got so wet and so cold so quickly.

There wasn't even a point in trying to find a palce to go under, how would he find his way with how slow he was?

"Fuck it..." he murmured and let himself get wetter and colder.

He then thought.

San probably won't come tonight...

Surprisingly, that thought made him more upset than the depressing rain itself.

"Stupid rain..."

Just as he cursed, the rain suddenly stopped.

But how?

He could still hear it around him.

Did someone hold an umbrella over him?

"Idiot, you'll catch a cold."

San...

**********
A/N: Awwww I love these two.
Also yunhopowers where are you!