Thirteen

Wooyoung took a long moment to think.

He came to one conclusion.

How much worse could things get?

"Okay...but you have to teach me everything."

San smiled. "Of course I will."

Wooyoung sighed. "Alright."

San held his hand. "Let's go?"

"Where?"

"The shop...to teach you how it works."

"Right now?"

"We'll go eat first."

"I can't have you spending more money on me."

"It's okay, you'll be able to buy your own food soon."

Wooyoung gulped when he realized they've been holding hands the entire time. "Fine let's just go."

——————

"It smells really nice in here..." Wooyoung smiled a little as they entered the shop and the sweet smell of flowers hit his nose.

San smiled, turning on all the lights, then leading the other to sit down behind the counter. "Of course it does."

"This is where you'll sit, you have two phones right here, both might ring at any time."

San proceeded to explain to him how to answer, what to say, and how to use the other phone to record the order instead of writing it down.

"And if they ask you about red roses, you tell them we don't sell red roses."

"Why? They're the most-"

"We just don't." San cut him off then sighed. "I think that's all."

Wooyoung hummed, not wanting to ask too many questions. "It sounds simple...I hope I don't mess up..."

San smiled. "You won't."

"Thank you..."

"Don't worry about it. Now let's leave and come back tomorrow to start your first day."

"How will I come here in the morning?" Wooyoung asked with concern.

"I'll bri-" San paused mid sentence when an idea popped up to him. "You can stay with me."

Wooyoung groaned. "Here we go again."

San sighed, too tired to argue. "Fine fine...you can stay here in the shop."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you can go in the storage room and I'll get you blankets."

Wooyoung rubbed his arm. "I'm sorry for troubling you so much..."

"Hey, don't say that...I'm more than glad to help."

No matter how many times San said that and how genuine it was, Wooyoung couldn't help but feel like a burden.

~the next morning~

San unlocked the door and went inside the shop to find Wooyoung already awake and sitting where he's supposed to. "Good morning, you're up early."

Wooyoung shrugged. "I just don't know the time..."

San smiled. "That's okay, we'll set you an alarm next time."

Wooyoung just nodded, a little nervous.

San set the bags he was holding on the counter. "I got you some clothes."