CHAPTER 10: BRAINWASHED

ROBERTO'S POV

It has been weeks since those incidents inside my mafia. My problem is that, things are getting worst everyday. I know in myself exactly every thing that's happening around me I never really expected to have a traitor inside.

I smiled bitterly while walking silently outside the gate of my mafia mansion.

Anytime now, the enemy will make their attack in this place because the traitor surely told them about this location.

Flashback:

"Boss, we have a little problem here." One of the spies said through my earpiece.

"Spill it."

"The blue print of the mansion was stolen. I suspect that it is the traitor." He replied with a sigh.

"Prepare for the defense access. Not 24 hours from now, there will be an ambush in this place. Tell everyone to be alert." I stated and gripped my fist. I knew it that it will come to this.

---flashback ends---

I wore a bulletproof inside my clothes and prepared myself as well for a fight.

"What about Red Butterfly? Has she already prepared everything we need?" The spy asked from another part of the mansion through our earpiece.

"Don't worry about her. She's probably out of the mansion by now..." I replied coldly and ended the conversation.

Alex...

Remembering her name made a pain to my heart. So it's up to me now who to choose: the mafia or her? I cut my mind in silence and waited on the steel gate of the mansion.

I positioned myself to welcome the ambush but... I saw someone I didn't expected to see.

"Ryota." I whispered his name as he slowly walks towards me not far away. His face is emotionless and he has dark eye bags under his eyes. He's wearing ragged clothes like he never took a bath for long.

I had my eyes opened in shock to see him lift up his right hand... with a gun on it. He was aiming it at me.

Doesn't he know me?

"Ryota. Buddy..." I suddenly felt the urge of humbling my emotions at the little boy. With the way he's acting right now, I know that he's not himself. "Please put the gun down..." I told him while walking towards him with my hands in the air as a sign of surrender.

He is still emotionless and as expected, gunshots started to appear inside the mansion. His eyes are so strangled with sadness and I suddenly has the feeling to save him.

I gripped my hands in fury. So this is their plan of kidnapping Ryota? To plot him against me?

"Boss, there are more than fifty men that entered the mansion. They probably planned the ambush and they exactly knew the locations of our escape routes and holes." One of my military men stated through earpiece as I hear continues gunshots from them.

I know.

Because I knew from the beginning who the traitor is and I knew she will be before she could become traitor as well. I don't feel like going berserk right now in anger but it's also my fault. I know from the beginning that she's the traitor but I never told her anything. I guess this is the weakness I wasn't ready to face.

*shot*

I felt blood on my shoulder oozing from a gunshot from Ryota's little hand. I sigh and continued walking towards him.