CHAPTER 7: RESCUE

Roberto's POV

I erased all informations on the social media about Alex. Every single information about her in the internet.

I was deleting her photos somewhere though some of her images reminded me of something.

When it comes to handling a group of mafia, one should not have a heart so they can survive. I destroyed all of my inside information including my parents and my siblings inorder to prevent them in getting involved with my problems. The only thing that my enemies know is that I was a born to be a natural billionaire. Not because my father and my siblings are billionaires but I have my own legal businesses to handle for financial income.

I held on my forehead after reminiscing the past of my cold life. I admit that bedding women and taking lives coldly is all I need to satisfy my pleasures but the moment my closest friend, Takeru, started having a family on his own, I began to wonder what it means to have a family.

I can still remember those days when Alex gave birth to the twins. It was that time when they're still younger and unmarried. Takeru's face was full of hope while carrying his sons in his arms. He's even crying with joy while kissing them.

Is there a greater matter than satisfying your pleasure? What if those kids will just get in the way?

I didn't know and I didn't try to understand the reasons why Takeru would choose to have a family rather than waiting for your death inside the mafia.

"You'll understand one day how strong you're going to be when you have someone to protect." Takeru told me while drinking beers with me to celebrate the safe birth of Alex.

"As your friend Takeru, I don't approve you having family on your own. What if one day, your enemies will use them to plot against you? What will you do?" I asked without hesitation then took a sip from my bottle.

"Aren't you going to call that a challenge?" he replied with a determined smile. I frowned at him. "You said you wanted to become stronger and smarter. I just realized that in order to become stronger, you need to pour out your all and overcome your weaknesses through having harder challenges."

I smirk.

"Do as you please." I replied carelessly and stopped asking questions.

Right now that he's no longer here, I think I finally understand what he meant to say. I've been protecting Alex and the twins and I admit, I've become more stronger and think how worthy my actions and time wasted to do it.

I feel like my actions of protecting are far more worth than billions than my past life because I now have someone worthy of it.

I made a deep breath and took a call of all my companions for a plan in rescuing Ryota.

"Ocean. I repeat. Ocean." I left everyone a call so they can assemble within two minutes.

***

"Thank everyone for coming." I greeted professionally to everyone sitting on the meeting place of my team. Two spies, four trackers, four skilled planners and 4 military trained men assembled and lastly, Alex on the corner to listen on the meeting.

"Let's start shall we?" one of them spoke and I nod.

"In less than 17 hours, the victim, Takeru's son Ryota, might be executed by his kidnapper if the motive is murder..." I started.

"If murder is the motive, why use a chemical to make the victim unconscious if the kidnapper can use single shot to kill the victim." One of the skilled detectives asked.