CHAPTER 2: SUPPORTER

3 years later...

ALEXONDRA'S POV

"Uncle Roby!" I heard the joyful cheer from the living room of the twins. Probably, Roberto came to visit...

I was busy washing plates while the chuckling and laughing from the living room continued.

"Mommy! Uncle Roby came and brought me chocolates!" Ryota came running while holding a bar of chocolates.

"He brought me new shoes! Mommy look!" Takamasa expressed happily as they ran towards me to show their presents from Roberto. I can't help but to think he's really spoiling them rotten.

Ryota is younger than Takamasa for only three minutes. They remained solid until now that they're seven years old. Both of them possessed Takeru's physical features, especially their eyes that were as beautiful as sharp pearls.

I quickly finished my washing and went to the living room. The twins were smiling while telling me how happy they are about their presents. Ryota's munching while Takamasa's trying to fit in his blue shoes.

"Good afternoon, Alex..." I heard the moarse voice as I headed inside the living room. I smell his familiar scent cologne.

"Good afternoon too, Roberto." I replied shortly while making sure the house door is closed and no one can see us in since being in mafia is deadly.

"I just wanted to make sure you and... and the kids are safe. I can also drive them to school for safety---" I cut him off.

"Roberto... stop." I placed a hand for him to stop talking. "How many times do we have to take about this? I can handle my kids, with Takeru's enforcements who were watching the house and I can defend my kids on my own. You don't have to waste your time on us coming here everyday..." I whispered at him.

"Family or not, it's my duty to protect you and the kids. Takeru's been my bestfriend in life and I can't leave his family alone. I wanted to support you just as what Takeru told me before he died..." he breathed as he brushed his hair to the top of his head.

I slightly puffed some air.

The same reasons. Same out comes.

Not that I hate him but he irritates the hell out of me. He's been acting like a stalker than a protector, spoiling my kids with stuffs and always thought of me as a weak woman who cannot defend herself.

Besides, the Roberto I know in the past is a jerk but right now, things turned turned smoothly. He's not that much of a jerk anymore.

"Do I look like a weak woman to you, Roberto?" I asked silently. "Don't you trust my strength? I may only be a woman but please, don't underestimate me." I calmly told him.

Looking at him after the incident three years ago, I feel like there's no more hole to fill in. No more heart aches about Takeru's death.

"I'm sorry. So sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." He defeatedly stated and look down on his feet.

"Yeah. Me too. I over reacted."

After my line, we both turned silent. So silent that I almost turned deaf with a pause that paralizes me until Takamasa came to me, holding his belly.

"Mommy, my tummy also wants chocolates." He stated shyly at me while glancing at Ryota who's eating his chocolate happily.

"You ask your brother to give you some." I replied with a smile.

He shook his head and turned to tell what he wanted to say in my ears.

"I want another set of chocolate bars. I want my own." He blubbered while looking at Ryota with a frown.

"But you can share--"

"I don't like sharing, Mommy!" He cried while hugging my thighs. This is what I'm telling a while back, their spoiled side.

"Hey!" Roberto bent down to have a face-level talk with Takamasa. "Why?"

"I want some chocolate too, uncle!" He replied with a smile.

"Let me see if I have another bar here..." Roberto reached out for his bag and grabbed something. "I only have Hershey's chocolates here and kisses. No more chocolate bars." He brought a bag of hersheys and kisses.

"Thank you, Uncle." He happily grabbed the bag of kisses and went away towards his brother.

"Roberto..." I huffed. "I'm taking my kids to Kashimoto's mansion later." I said. Without waiting for his reply, I walked away from him.

I spotted the boys on the sofa.

"Boys..." I called. "After eating your chocolates, drink lots and lots of water. Don't forget to brush your teeth."

"Yes, mommy!" They both replied as I went away towards the stairs. I need to change my clothes.

ROBERTO'S POV

I see her went her way. It's been three years but still, I don't know why but I still want her. I still... love her... no matter what.

She can push me away but still, I won't stay away. It's my duty to protect them. Takeru trusted me and I'll sure do it for him.

"Uncle Roby..." Takamasa called sadly at me.

I smiled at him and sat beside him. I nod happily while caressing his silky soft hair.

"What do you think will happen if Daddy's still here? Is he gonna give me presents like you do? Will he always be by our side?" I paused with the sudden question Takamasa.

I've always thought of Takamasa ever since. He's having these type of mentality. He knows what's happening around and he's aware of Takeru's history. This child is sure so smart.

"Takamasa... your Dad love you both so much, you and Ryota." I replied softly.

"Then why did he leave us?" He asked next.

"That's..." he was looking at me with hope in his eyes. "That's what I don't know..." slowly, the hope in his eyes slowly faded away.

"He's a bad Dad." Takamasa murmured. I shook my head.

"It's not his fault he died. Let me tell you something Takamasa..." I knew Takamasa always wanted a Daddy. "Only God knows about the time of your death. You cannot control death. If it's your time to die, then you'll die. In your father's case, maybe it's his time already. So he died..."

Takamasa sigh in silence and nod his head.

"I guess you're right..." he murmured.

I pulled him for a tight hug. I really love these kids.

"Uncle, are you single?" Ryota asked me from behind. My eyes widen with the sudden question of this one.

"Why'd you ask?" I frowned with a smile and pulled him for a hug.

"Mommy's single and I think she needs a partner in life. And we also want a daddy---" The line was cut by a familiar voice.

"That's enough boys. Learn to be independent." Alex's was so snappy and hurtful. Her voice was so firm yet scary all of a sudden.

Her voice was like a warning to us that even Ryota and Takamasa turned silent.

A/n:

This Part HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED.