CHAPTER 20: TAKERU'S TESTAMENT

ALEXONDRA'S POV

"We're letting you go. Don't ever come back here. Go home and take care of your family but still, Kashimoto's henchmen will look out for you."

Those were the last words I heard from Roberto's mafia members, setting me free from their prison chambers. I should be happy because I finally have my boys back and live again another life...

But something is wrong.

I don't feel satisfied at all. I understand Takeru's death from Brent but I know that there are still things, missing. I can't find them myself...

"Mommy we're going home. Aren't you a little sad?" Takamasa asked out of the blue, making me tip back from my thoughts.

"Sad? Why?" I forced a smile while driving the car towards our home, to Kashimoto's residence.

"Sad because we haven't gave Daddy a proper goodbye." Ryota replied this time, sadly.

These boys are surely attached to Roberto and the bonds they have for each other is deeper than any other. I sadly smiled and focused on the road.

***

Reaching the house, everything feels home again. The living room, the bedrooms, the kitchen and every corner of the house. I miss them all.

"We'll help you Mommy. It's good to be back home." Takamasa stated with a slight smile.

"Home sweet home!" Ryota excitedly stated while stretching himself, helping me fix the rooms. "It will be sweeter when Daddy is here."

I'm left dumbfounded again after those words. I always expect those words from the boys but this time, it has different impact in my heart. The impact of loving and missing him at the same time.

***

It's already bedtime.

After singing a lullaby to Takamasa and Ryota, they quickly fell asleep, tangling with each other.

"I love you, boys. Takeru loves you both too." I kissed them on their temples and left. I silently walked towards my dim room and sat comfortably on the bed.

Everything came to my senses, those incidents where I betrayed Roberto and nearly got raped by Brent. Everything is still fresh in my mind, but I want to forget them. I betrayed Roberto and those things happened to me. The only one I can blame is myself.

My head turned to the bedside table, where I can see the flipped picture frames, facing downwards. Slowly reaching for those frames, my eyes landed on Takeru's face.

My eyes are watering.

He was happy, wearing a tuxedo, showing his perfect white teeth from his smile. Another photo is Takeru carrying the newly born twins on both of his arms. He was tearing up in complete happiness. The last picture frame is the two of us together, planning our wedding. We were once a happy couple. I was his and he was mine until that dream of marriage was ruined.

But still, I didn't get the answers I want. Takeru... if your promise with Brent is the reason you died, then why did you still continued the wedding when you know your life is at risk? Why didn't you tell me everything?

Lying the picture frames back on their original position, I lie on the bed. I'm at a dead end, trying to figure out something about Takeru.

I should try reaching the social media. I quickly get my hands on my phone that I haven't touched for a long time. As expected, the phone's battery is drained. I waited for awhile after charging it then turned it on again.

Lots of messages made my phone buzz. It's been a long time since I had my last text messages. Without hesitation, I opened those messages from code name "Black Mamba". From Roberto?

The pictures he sent me looks like documents so I quickly scanned them, making it easier for me to read. Judging from the time he sent it, it must have been a hurry because some of the pictures are blurred and was sent more than four hours ago.

After a few moment of scanning the picture documents, the bolded title made me tremble.

Takeru Kashimoto's Will and Testament

***

I quickly opened all the documents and started reading. I don't care if it is a crime or not but at least, I might figure out something. I also trust Roberto that none of these are fake.

Those words from the document gives me chills since the first words.

"By the time you're reading this Roberto, I'm already dead..."

My pain in my heart came back full-force. These words are meant to be written after all since the beginning.

"I'm sorry for leaving you like that and right at this time, Alexondra must be with you, reading this beside you. This is not my will or testament but this is my last words for you and my nearly wedded fianceè."

A sob escaped my lips while reading.

"I don't know the words to make things right but I know, Alexondra's life and my sons life got ruined because of my stupid coward being. I was a coward, running away from my dreadful half-brother."

The first page was cut so I quickly scanned the next pictures. Then there were continuations.

"I have a promise to my half-brother about marriage. No one should get married or bear children if the other brother does not perish. The moment I fell in love with Alexondra, my faith is sealed."

These words are softly killing me.

"Today, I received a warning letter from Brent. If my wedding continues, I will die."

And he really died. Why Takeru?

"The wedding should take place no matter what. I don't want my wife-to-be to feel sadness again. Even if the wedding won't take place, I'll die anyway. I will at least see Alexondra on a white veil and a wedding dress before I go. I'm so sorry, Alexondra. I haven't told you anything about this. I'm such a coward."

Takeru...

"I want you Alexondra to be happy. I don't deserve your love but I want you to be happy and satisfied. I'm a coward who's not able to protect the people I love. I'm not asking you to forgive me but put this in mind Alexondra, I will love you and our sons even in my grave forever. Thank you for coming to my life. If you wish to remarry, I won't stop you. Find happiness and I'm here to support you in your decisions."

Those were the last words of the second page, making me silently sob while hugging my knees.

***

-to be continued-