CHAPTER 1: WEDDING DAY

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The bells ting.

The music is lingering.

The perfect day for a wedding ceremony. The wedlock of Grayle and Kashimoto.
A sunny, beautiful and happy day of peace.

The church was filled and decorated with white and gold clothes, winded by pink and blue curtains. Boquet of flowers with multiple colors were placed around the place with pride and glee to celebrate the most beautiful day of the bride.

Sponsors, guests, flower girls, secondary sponsors and relatives were waiting for the grand entrance of the bride. Everyone is waiting to see the bride's beauty.

"I'm so nervous..." Takeru Kashimoto, the groom stated while nervously fixing his collar for the tenth time. He was nervous yet so excited to be locked forever with the woman he only loved. He turned to his best man. "Do you have a hankerchief? Or something to wipe my perspiration?"

The best man, Roberto Kings, turned to him with a forced smile while handling him a dark blue striped hankerchief.

"Thanks, dude." Takeru accepted it and used it to wipe away his perspiration.

While he was busy, Roberto forced his smile to lie low.

Truth is, he's hurt, broken, ashamed, dismayed of himself. He can't even imagine how his life would suffer in the next minutes. Him, watching his bestfriend getting married with the girl he's falling to would be a murder. He can't even stand it...

But he knew he's at fault.

After dumping Alex away, he knew he'll never love any woman. But he doesn't know the future.

He was chased by women in the past but now, he's stocked with a taken woman. He still can't understand why he's fallen to a woman who happened to be his past fling. He was not like this before!

"May God help me move on..." Roberto whispered sadly while looking down at his joint hands.

He forced himself to wear the expensive suit as a best man. He gelled his long hair beautifully over his head. He placed a red rose at the pocket of his tuxedo, waiting for the painful day he knows he couldn't bear.

Then the musicians started playing a loving and sweet love song when the bride's white car arrived infront of the church. The white car with roses infront of it and ribbons on top. It was very beautiful and elegant.

Everyone was so happy; clapping, whistling, chirping and even cheering for the bride's arrival.

'I found a love...
For me...'

Tears started to form in the groom's eyes. He felt so happy especially when the bride came out of the car in a slow motion. It feels like everyone paused, only the two of them were there. The bride's father was just beside her, silently holding her.

A very happy day.

The bride is in white gown, with a white veil and a boquet of flower on her hands. Her long gown was beautifully flowing behind her with her high heels stepping silently on the red carpet. Her tears started forming while looking at her man.

'I found a girl..
Beautiful and sweet...'

The groom's smile widened with a tear slipped down his face.

Everyone was witnessing the scene and they went supporting and eavesdropping. What a perfect bride...

Until she reaches the groom's lane and linked her hand on his after her father gave her to him.

"Take care of my daughter..." her dad whispered before exiting their presence.

"I will, sir..." Takeru replied silently before smiling at his bride. Alex giggled with her hands wrapped around his arm.

Before she could turn towards the altar, she turned to Roberto with a natural smile.
"Thank you, Roberto for being such a great friend..."

Takeru smiled and turned to him as well.
"Be our guest. We'll be there always for you like how you were with us..." then they turned towards the altar, leaving the teary Roberto behind.

As they ascended towards the altar, Roberto just felt the cold drop of tear, flowing on his cheek. He was silent with a half fake smile that was left plastered on his face.

He expected the pain and decided to ignore it, throbbing his deepest vein that almost burst out in sadness. He couldn't help but let the other tears that started flowing like waterfalls on both eyes. He endured the sight of the two people, looking so inlove together.

He smiled and looked down his feet.

'I still falling for you Alex. I'll always care for you. If God would give me a chance to have you, then I'll grasp that chance and never let go... please be happy." He silently prayed with tears on his jaw.

Suddenly, it seems like his prayers were answered.

Gunshots started to shower inside the cathedral and the whole church.

Guests and visitors were running, screaming, shouting, escaping and in panic with the sudden noises that appears after a lovely and peaceful silence.

"What's happening?!" Alex seemed dazed after making her dock on the floor by Takeru who took out his gun for protection.

"Just stay here, baby okay?" Takeru sweetly stated before kissing her forehead. Alex nod in panic before bringing out her gun as well that was beneath her gown.

The non-stop showering of the gunshots were almost destroying the whole church.

"Who the hell are they?" Roberto cussed before bringing out his gun and shot back.

"I don't know but I think they come from another mafia. There's a logo on their mask but it's a new mafia." One of his assassins told him who was supporting his back.

"And they're not respecting the church? How evil..." Roberto muttered before shooting on them.

With their exchange of gunshots, someone was screaming. There then the gunshots stopped. Those attackers went away with their motorcycles.

"They backed out? Why?" Roberto asked in curiosity while looking at the door and around without any noise, after all noises subsided, only a sobbing woman can be heard.

He turned to see Alex, crying while hugging Takeru's bloody body. Alex's white gown were also covered in blood.

"Takeru no! Wake up! Wake up!" She was shocked and didn't expected this to happen. It happened so fast.

Roberto was sadly looking at the dead body with shocked eyes. He never expected his bestfriend who was as strong as a steel would die from a gunshot. What saddens him more is Alex's crying eyes. She truly loved him.

Alex was now looking at her hands which were bloody. So bloody that the image entered her brain... and turned to phobia. She collapsed after staring at the blood.

Roberto slowly approached them and saw the hankerchief on Takeru's pocket with some blood on it. He frowned.

How could a hankerchief inside his pocket be stained by blood?

He grabbed the hankerchief and saw a message written on it in blood.

'Take care of my family. ~~~Your bestfriend'

Roberto turned pale.