CHAPTER 18: LAST

ALEXONDRA'S POV

"I love you, Alex."

There, he said it. Those words I was waiting for all my life since my soon-to-be husband's death.

I love you, Alex.

I love you , Alex.

I love you, Alex.

Those words I've been longing for kept repeating in my mind, making my heart hummer so hard in my chest I almost turn deaf with its sounds inside me.

"I..." I can't believe I am lost at words.

I gripped my hand to prevent myself from hitting him again.

"What do you say?" He breath. I swallowed the lump on my throat. Roberto really said it, those words.

I only came back to reality when his thumb came wiping the tear I didn't realized has fallen from my eye. I stumbled away, still in shock. This is not a dream.

"Why are you saying that?" This time, I finally managed to have words come out of my mouth. I tried discovering what I feel after him, blurting those words.

He took a deep breath and continued advancing towards me. I tried backing out until my back hits the cold bars of the jail. I was completely cornered.

"I've been keeping this for myself for how many years. I'm not sorry for telling you I love you." he stated then pulled me into a tight hug. As my heart continuously to hummer inside my chest, I let myself be engulfed with his embrace.

I sobbed on his chest while gripping his shirt. My heart wanted to warm, hearing his chest hummer along with mine. When someone told you he loves you, especially when you love him too, you'll have butterflies flying inside your belly.

I hate it that I can feel them now in my tummy.

"R-Roberto..." I called with a cracked voice.

"Shh. You don't have to say the same thing to me. I just want you to know about what I feel." He whispered and hugged me tighter. I can feel his hard body to mine. But... I wanted to ask him this.

"You just pity me, don't you?" I asked out of the blue. He didn't pull away when I tried pushing him.

"Pity you? Why should I?" He asked.

"My groom was shot dead during our wedding, I'm left with two children to raise all by myself and I nearly got raped. You just want to make me feel better." I argued stubbornly. That must be his reason telling those words.

This time, he pulled away and held me by my cheeks. His eyes were shining with unshed tears.

"As the mafia boss, Alex, I want to tell you this..." He caressed my cheeks as I stare at him wide-eyed. "I don't know if I'll be able to live tomorrow. This might be the only chance to tell you what I feel."

Huh?

"What do you mean?" I whispered.

"I'm going to put an end to everything that started because of me and Takeru. It is mine to deal with." He replied.

"I'm his wife so I also have the right to---"

"No." He cut me. "Do you want to leave Takamasa and Ryota alone?" He asked deeply.

I turned silent. I don't want to leave the boys alone too. I bowed my head to look away.

He leaned his face to me. He's so close that I can feel my face heating.

"If I come back alive..." he stated solemnly. I eyed him, straight in the eyes. His eyes was telling me something.

"It's already morning, boss. The plan must take place." J.I. came out of nowhere, grabbing the key from the floor and unlocked the jail.

Plan?

And what? It's already morning? I was so busy talking all night with Roberto I didn't think of the time.

"Give me a minute J.I. then we'll go..." Roberto stated, making J.I. nod, heading away.

We're left alone again but this time, his eyes are very deadly.

"If I come back alive..." He let go of my face. "You like it or not, we'll get married." he stated before jumping out of the jail doors, heading away without turning to look at me.

I slumped myself on the floor, I didn't even realized that my knees were weakened after his words.

***

"Mommy!" Ryota threw himself at me and hugged me so tight. "How are you now? I hope you ate well." Takamasa came flying to me, tightening his arms around my waist.

I played with Ryota's hair. "Mommy is good. How about my boys? Are you taking good care of yourselves?" I pulled away, planting both of them with kisses on the forehead.

"Strong and ready to get you out of the cells. We can go home now." Takamasa happily replied. Takamasa held on my left hand and Ryota on my right hand.

Ready to go home?

"Daddy permitted us to go home. I don't want to see you rotting in this cells either Mommy. He's so kind isn't he? I hope you get married soon." Ryota lovingly replied and started pulling me out of the unlocked door.

Until now, I'm still processing those words in my mind.

I love you, Alex.

How I wish to repeat that moment.

I love you, Alex.

I think I missed something.

I love you, Alex.

It dawned me. I forgot to tell him that I love him too.

"You like it or not, we'll get married."

Roberto, I'll surely wait.