*Chp 19*

"Brendan, can you slow down a little please?! You're near ripping my arm out of its socket." 

He doesn't even break stride as he swings me into his arms so he's carrying me bridal style as we dash through the corridors. Not the most uncomfortable position in the world but I'm not really thinking about that too much at the moment, I'm too anxious. I don't know if I should be scared or if they're all overreacting because I've never been in a situation like this before. It's fear of the unknown.  

Suddenly I remember, "Taylor!" 

Brendan looks down at me without breaking stride, "Do you know where she is?" 

I panic a little, "No! She didn't say, she just said she had something to do and she'd meet us later." 

His face goes a little sad but quickly becomes unreadable, "She'll be fine. We will have the rogues under control in a minute and as a precaution we may evacuate the school but then she will be out of the way anyway. We will not let the rogues get near the school. All the werewolves will be leaving the school to help protect it and rogues tend to go after werewolves or their mates or hunters first." 

"Is that why I'm being rushed away like some fragile china doll? Because I'm your weak mate who cannot defend herself?" 

A brief smile crosses his face as we continue running, "Yes." 

Well that's a bit demeaning. I look over my shoulder to see the boys still running after us with completely unsympathetic expressions.  

"Wait! You can't leave Taylor! Her dad's a hunter, what if that attracts them or something? I mean, can they smell that sort of thing? You never even told me what a rogue was!" 

Brendan looks a little more worried, "I'm sorry but that's a risk we're going to have to take. You don't know where she is and I'm not risking your safety to go find her. That's final."

Just as we're about to reach the doors, me feeling helpless and like a horrible friend , I have a moment of clarity. In fact, it was more than that. It's like all my anxiety and helplessness were just dissolved away and like a soothing wave of cool water had washed over me.  

Before I could question my new found certainty I speak up, "Turn left." 

Brendan looks at me in disbelief, "What?" 

"Turn left," I repeat.  

"Why on earth would I do that?"  

I don't even answer him. I quickly give him a peck on his lips and jump out of his arms before he can realise what I'm doing and stop me. I hear him shout after me but I don't stop. As I take the sharp turn to the left before the doors I hear Brendan curse and start organising the others but I know soon Brendan, and maybe a few of the others will start to follow. And they can catch up in no time. So I have to act fast. I take another left and end up in a part of the school I haven't been in before, strangely it doesn't slow me down for a second and I continue on in the direction I know I have to go. I run and I run and suddenly I stop outside a door I don't recognise and continue in regardless without knocking or stopping to consider my actions.

Inside I see Taylor talking to our PE teacher while lifting weights. She had changed into her PE kit so obviously she had come down here with the intention of a bit of extra training. I barely acknowledge the teacher who is looking at me incredulously as I pull Taylor to her feet and drag he towards the door.  

"Alless, what are you doing? I'm in the middle of training." 

I don't even turn to look at her, just drag her from the room. Thank goodness she isn't putting up to much if a fight or I'd never have been and to manage it, it's good to know that deep down she trusts me.  

"Seriously Alless! Answer me, your scaring me a little." 

I just keep dragging her towards our next destination.  

Suddenly she digs her heels in and I can't move her any further, "I am not taking another step until you explain." 

"Rogues are attacking and I had to get you out. Now please cooperate as there's more to do before Brendan catches up with me and demands I leave." 

She continues to allow me to lead her and she doesn't drag her feet any more, coming willingly, but does question, "But how did you know where I was? No one knows I have extra training sessions at lunch a few times a week." 

I ignore her question, my mind's elsewhere planning my next move. I haven't made it that far in my actions yet and I shouldn't know about some of the factors I'm trying to find a way around but for some reason I Do know and I'm trying to think it through in my head as quickly as possible. I smile as I sense my next goal just around the corner an sprint around it to see the bright red button dead ahead. I break the glass with as much force as I can muster and the Fire bell starts shrieking through your the school as students rush into the halls with their hands over their ears. Most of them aren't in any hurry as they think its a drill or a prank but I ignore this. They're all going to get out and that's what matters.

Taylor's still covering her ears from the piercing sound of the Bell as I drag her on regardless and almost oblivious to the noise. It's unimportant. I continue on our way but every few seconds I have to change our route as I See another factor which could hinder our journey. I'm sure to Taylor it just seems as if I'm randomly dragging her through the hallway of this near deserted building but she doesn't question me again, probably because she knows I won't reply. I sense Brendan and another running in our direction from a corridor in my left and I know I can't outrun them or confuse them much longer but I'm soo close to my destination. I can't stop now. The pull is unavoidable.

I here Brendan shout out behind me as I push open a door that says 'Staff Only' and drag Taylor behind me a we descend the pitch black stairwell. But I don't need the light for I know every step we're going to take, though Taylor stumbles a few times. As we reach the bottom I hear her search around for a light switch but I continue forward in the dark, sure of every step. As the lights switch on I start fighting Brendan's grip before his arms are fully around me as I knew it was coming. 

Brendan lifts my feet slightly off the ground as he turns to Taylor and ignores my struggling. "Do you know what's wrong with her? Why I she acting like this?" 

"How should I know?! She's your mate. She just came and found me, said something about rogues and something she had to do." 

While he'a distracted I send him a silent apology and I bite down on his hand hard enough to draw blood. "Ow." He shouts and he drops me.

I immediately run to my final destination in this strange compulsory quest of mine, an unmarked and insignificant looking cardboard box. Quickly I tip it and out falls a strangely shaped black object with just a few loose wires and no other definable features. Not stereotypically what you'd expect a bomb to look like but I knew it would look like this so I'm unsurprised. With my strangely acquired knowledge I quickly pull out the third wire with a strip of green tape around it without a second thought as too any consequences. The heat that I didn't know was radiating off the device immediately disappears and I smile sadly as I carefully lay it on the ground away from any of the other boxes down here as I know how badly that would end.

I turn to face the incredulous looking Brendan and Taylor, seriously if their mouths were open any wider you could probably fit a car tyre or something in them. I smile at the sadly and a little dazedly because all that certainly I had just a few moments ago drains away from me slowly leaving me confused and a bit weirded out but strangely not surprised or scared. I walk over to Brendan and with the last of my strength jump on his back.  

I lean close to his ear and gently whisper, "Would you carry me out of here please? Running away from werewolves and to get to a mysterious bomb in time drains you pretty badly apparently.