*Chp 20*

Brendan didn't protest or say a word as he goes to walk back up the stairs giving me a piggy back. Another 'feeling' (as I've now decided to call them) hits me but it very minor and this one has a completely different feeling about it, warmth and happiness and love. It's hard to describe but these feelings are like knowledge and somewhere in my mind I know what they mean but they mainly just influence my actions instead of inform me of what's happening. Either way this time it's not as intense and I won't go on another seemingly pointless rampage.

I turn look to Taylor who I about to start up the stairs but I stop her with a hand on her shoulder. I start fixing her hair a bit and straightening her PE top.  

They both look at me incredulously but I just laugh lightly and suggest, "I think we should go up the stairs first, Taylor you can follow behind and try not to fall on the uneven top step, that would sort of ruin the moment." 

They still look at me sceptically but Brendan does as I ask and climbs the stairs first. The journey is a lot slower than my frantic prancing down.  

Brendan turns his face to mine and pecks me on the cheek sweetly over his shoulder and I sigh contentedly. "Aless, you don't ever do that to me again. Ever. You had me soo worried! Not only is there a rogue attack going on but then you start running around like someone possessed!" 

I see he's serious by that worried look on his face but I just sadly smile at him. I can't promise that won't happen if I don't know what happened.  

We reach the top of the stairs and I ask, "Why is Liam only showing up now?" 

Brendan doesn't even question how I know anymore and answers, "I sent him to check the school was evacuated properly and no one started to panic after you pulled the fire alarm." 

"Oh." Was all I answer as I look expectantly to the corridor on the left.  

Liam turns the corner and I look at him expectantly because I know what's going to happen next. He opens his mouth and looks at me and I know he's going to start lecturing but suddenly he's distracted by something over mine and Brendan's and I smile as I turn as well to see Taylor looking down and tentatively climbing the final step I warned her about. A huge grin spreads over my face as I finally catch on to why I was fixing Taylor up and knew Liam wouldn't make it into his lecture.

He's still stunned as she finally looks up with a grin of accomplishment on her face at conquering the steps before her expression fades into one of shock too. Fate picks the most awkward times, Liam had been off the day Taylor and I had been dragged to their Lunch table and she hadn't been there earlier outside or when I went to Brendan'a house so they were only meeting now. So now here they were, meeting for the first time in a rogue attack and thank goodness Taylor is more thick skinned than me. It can't be easy meeting your mate in the middle of a crisis.

Liam suddenly snaps out of it and runs to Taylor and sweeps her off her feet and kisses her. Taylor looked a bit shocked but eventually starts kissing back with just as much passion and I must have been blushing terribly at their passionate display of affection.  

Brendan laugh a little at my reaction and quickly ask, "We aren't that bad are we? Oh gosh, were we that bad in front of your parents?" 

Brendan leans in close again and whispers in my ear, "Trust me, we were soo much worse." 

I feel the heat floor to my face even worse. I can't watch them any longer, I'm sorry but they crossed the line of cute a while ago and now it's unnerving. I cough loudly and still they don't separate. I cough louder and still they continue, they have to be deliberately ignoring me now.  

Suddenly I have a brainwave and shout, "Rogue!"

They break apart immediately and Liam puts her down and behind him with a fiercely protective look on his face. Taylor barely even seems to notice what I've said, she just seems pissed he felt the need to protect her when she's like superwoman strong and independent.