*Chp 30*

Days passed. Maybe even more than a week, I don't really know because they wouldn't tell me. Honestly it wasn't days that I counted the passing time by, it was the aching in my heart. Every second away from Brendan hurt increasingly more and more and to know he was looking for me but I had no way of telling him my location? Excruciating. So I filled my days with art and silently laughing at three of my captors while giving the other, who had originally taken my art supplies, a wide berth. Because he was a rogue being controlled by Jacobs.

Thinking about him causes me to think back to the first day of my capture, when it was just me and the nicer three (the mercenaries) when I tried to explain the situation to them.

"So let me get this straight, " One of them said, "you want me to believe that we aren't getting paid enough because they're just going to kill us afterwards as they have no money and if We even try to run or we let you go the 'supervisor' they left us with will rip us to shreds because he's an insane werewolf being controlled by The man who hired us who is currently an evil being. Also that you aren't a werewolf yourself but you have magical powers and could escape at any time if you weren't afraid what the rogue would do to yourself and us and finally that your boyfriend-"

"Mate. I prefer mate because we definitely feel like more than just boyfriend-girlfriend."

"Whatever. Anyway you're saying that your 'mate' is looking for you along with your pack which consists of a couple of hundred sane werewolves and if you don't explain the situation to your 'mate' as soon as he finds you he might well kill us too."

"Sounds about right."

They all look at me in disbelief and one of them says, "Is there any scenario in your head where we live?!"

I think on it for a second, "There are some but not many."

The one who originally spoke speaks up again, "Well I for one don't believe you. There are no such things as werewolves."

I look at them stunned, "They didn't even tell you about the existence of werewolves before you took this job?"

"There is no such thing as werewolves!"

I sigh, resigned, "You know what? Just forget about it. We can continue this charade and you can pretend you still hold some control over this situation. At least pass me my art stuff, I have a feeling it's going to be a long few days."

The only one that hadn't spoken shakes his head.

I sigh again, "Fine, I'll just get it myself." Then called my bag over to me. They paled as it flew through the air but none of them dared try and take my stuff away.

And this is basically how I've been sitting ever since. The rogue came back very shortly after from a shop with enough supplies for near a month, not that we were going to be here that long; I had a 'feeling' Maurice was doing some important business, though it was like he was hiding from me as I couldn't discern his exact location or task, but I did know he would be back soon. And then all Hell would break loose. Strangely though I didn't want Brendan to swoop in and rescue me at any minute. Well, my heart wanted him to, soo much it was unreal, but something's telling me I need to see Jacobs again. I have to. And so I will just sit here and wait.

********

The room is cast in a depressing shade of grey. Well, the only natural light I ever get in is from the small window high above me and today was a particularly overcast day. The bare concrete walls of the room probably don't help any either. I can't really complain though, my door doesn't even have a lock on it as I've made no attempts to escape. I guess they've finally realised I'm not leaving until I see Maurice and they know I feel I am protecting them by staying, every if they themselves don't believe it. And it isn't like the rogue will complain or notice, when the only thing keeping you sane is mind control you tend not to notice little details like that I guess. Strangely none of them are in the room with me, usually at least one of them is and I dread when it is the Rogue as you can feel his penetrating eyes centred on you at all time. However the building is silent. Then I realise why when I feel a cold and almost evil presence enter the nearby vicinity.