*Chp 12*

Standing in the steaming hot shower, with Brendan having left to make arrangements for our trip today, I start to think over and consider all that's happened in the last few days and all I've learned. Brendan's a werewolf. That surprisingly is the easiest to accept, I think from the first moment I saw him I knew he was different, no mere human can be that beautiful. Well... maybe I'm just biased now I know he's my mate but I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees it.

My mate. That's definitely the hardest part to accept. Someone who was predestined to be the other half of me. Before we'd ever met, before I was ever born, we were meant to be together. And that's scray. I felt soo happy with him, he made me feel at peace while exciting me in ways I've never experienced and ways I never think I could feel with anyone else. I think I may even love him, in a way. Not a deep unending love I don't think, or maybe I just don't want to admit it yet, but it definitely could be love like that. And how could I be his mate anyway? You'd think I'd have to be a werewolf, wouldn't you? And I'm positive I'm not one, I don't have a short temper and my eyes don't change when I'm angry to look like an animal and, most importantly, I don't turn in to a wolf. I'm sure Brendan will explain eventually. When will I get to see him as a wolf I wonder, will it be scary? What will he look like? Are there any other werewolves at this school? Are there many werewolves across the world? Or is there only like two or three hundred? I'm thinking too far into this. First thing's first, I have to meet his family. What if they hate me? What if they don't think I'm good enough for him? Will they think I'm weird because of my eyes? Or weak because of how Brendan had to defend me?

I turn ff the water and get out of the shower. Wrapped in a towel I do my hair fairly casually but presentably, just kept long and straight like it is naturally but I plaited the front and pinned it back with a ribbon in it. I decide to do my make-up like I did the first day of school, so if they were going to judge me based on my eyes they would do it straight off. The outfit is the hard part. I want to wear something nice but not something that screams 'trying too hard to impress' or 'didn't try hard enough' or worse, 'slut'. You know? I decide to lay out a few options and was going to call Taylor for her advice when Brendan walks in, after he'd fixed the door I'd just given him a copy of the key 'cause I've a feeling he's going to be over a lot from now on.

I let out a sigh of relief and run towards him, "Brendan! Help me. Please? What do you think I should wear?"

He looked me up and down and laughed at me," Honey, I kind of like what you're wearing now."

I look down and blush when I realise I'm still only in a towel! He laughs more and I slap him over the head, "Seriously Brendan! What do I wear?"

He just laughs and in the end poiints to a green dress, thinking it over in my head quickly I decide that if I pair it with casual flats and some silver jewellery it will look acceptable. I know he only just picked the otfit at random while laughing at me but I give him a quick peck on the cheek in gratitude anyway. I turn and he tries to hold me in his arms but I slip away and laugh playfully at him as I go into the bathroom to change.

After I change and walk out of the bathroom he stares at me for a minute before getting a cheesey grin on his face and flamboyantly presenting his elbow to me. I link mine with his and he 'accompanies' me out of my dorm. Just before we leave though I grab a pair of sunglasses off the kitchen counter and put them on. Yes, I've become a wimp and decide to try and hide my eyes for a while when I meet his family, I didn't care too much what people at school had thought because they weren't important and if I didn't like them it didn't matter but this was Brendan's family! I cared what they thought of me, obviosly, and I wanted them to get to know me instead of just staring into my eyes or avoiding my gaze.