*Chp 2*

It wasn't until I was halfway home I realised that I had forgotten about the pasta for my mum. None of the other 'essentials' seemed nearly as important anymore but I knew mum wouldn't even let me through the door if I came home without it so I quickly pulled into the next petrol station. After buying the first packet of pasta I seen and paying for it I quickly got back in my car and continue home. Something felt off now though. Almost like it did when I looked into His eyes, except more dilute. I'd tried not to think too much about the encounter since I'd ran out and with adrenaline running through my veins it hadn't even occurred to me to doubt my reaction at the time but after leaving I had wondered about my rather extremist reaction. I was even a little embarrassed by it! But now, with just a fraction of those intense feelings worming their way back to me all the doubt and embarrassment left me. In fact, I'm surprised my reaction was so mild!

The question still remained however; why was I feeling these emotions to an extent again?

Then I saw it. A non-descript black pick-up with tinted windows was a few cars behind me, nothing really significant about it at a glance but somehow I knew it was following me and that was what was making the over whelming feelings return. So I do something extremely rash that sounds like its straight out of a movie. I sped up and decided if he was going to follow me, I'd friggin' well make him work at it.

I speed and weave through traffic fairly skilfully but noticed the pickup did not react in anyway to my driving. Being further from the emotions I started to doubt my sanity again when, just as we were just about to leave each other's line of sight, the driver sped up a bit and it was then I knew for sure I wasn't crazy and I really pulled out the movie magic stunts.

I navigate my way through traffic at near a hundred miles an hour despite the many honks of protest from the surrounding cars and the pickup managed to copy me move for move, still hot on my tail. I kept this up for a good 10 minutes! Swerving in and out of traffic and travelling the entire breadth of town before I realised there was no way I was losing him like this. So I decided to use local knowledge against him. If that was who I thought it was, and I'm almost sure it is, I'd never seen him around town before and there's no way I couldn't have noticed him with looks like that so he couldn't be from around here. Quickly formulating a plan in my head I changed direction quickly with a hand brake turn and lead him down a side street, there were no other cars on the road but the pickup followed me regardless so even if I had been in any doubt before, even a blind person could tell he was tailing me. I continued racing down the backstreets until we came to the entrance of a rarely used multi-storey car park which I swiftly pulled into at full speed so I was just out of his line of sight when I swiftly turned an almost unnoticeable corner and killed the engine. Just as I had hoped the pickup continued on up the levels, assuming he had me cornered as he would see me leave through the entrance even if I did try to escape him again or he would have me trapped on the roof with no where to go. What he didn't know however is that, unlike most multi-storeys, this one has a back entrance just further along the wall from my concealed corner. I quickly drove out it and made my escape before he realised and drove all the way home I was proud of myself for escaping a possible attacker or stalker but at the same time, for some strange reason, I felt a little empty inside.

********

"Mum! I'm home!" I shout as I quickly shuffle through the doorway.

The woman in question quickly shimmies into the hall in her best dress, 5 inch silver stilettos and matching clutch with her makeup all done while trying to put in a pair of dangly silver diamond earrings that I bought her last Christmas. She smiles at me when she sees me approaching and heads in the general direction if the door way behind me.

"Are you going somewhere? Because you seem a little dressed up for our mum- daughter pasta dinner and movie night."

She smiles at me apologetically and I hear a car pull into the drive which quickly pushes her into action as she start searching the hall cabinet for her house keys.

"I really am sorry hun, honestly, but Willis called and offered to take me out for dinner at the last minute. He sounded nervous and I have a feeling this could be the night! We have been seeing each other for almost a year now and If my instinct is right, like it usually is, and this IS the night then my possible engagement ranked higher than our mother- daughter night. I hate to disappoint but that's the way it is. Don't stay up to late and I left you money for Chinese beside the fridge. Love you Allessandra!"

And with that she was gone. I feel kind if rejected. And she used my full name! You think she'd've taken to calling me Allie or Aless like almost everyone else by now but she was just so old fashioned sometimes. But that's not my main concern right now. Now I have to put into effect one of my contingency plans or, as I sometimes liked to call them, my escape plans. I have this feeling mum's hunch is right and if she does get engaged tonight and Willis moves in I don't want to be around while they constantly "celebrate". I mean, I know my mother has a sex life. She went out with a fair number of men before Willis after the divorce and she's pretty attractive; with straight sleek raven black hair that falls to her mid back, well-structure elegant facial features and a devilishly curvy body she was basically an older man's ideal woman, heck she was any man's ideal woman. People say we look pretty similar actually but there are definitely a few key differences, like how she was a fabulous 5"8 and I was barely 5"2, and the eyes. People usually assume I have my Dad's eyes but these people have never met my Dad but I don't correct them anymore as it helps them accept me more if they think my eyes are genetic. However I definitely don't share my dad's almost black iris', my eyes are an icy light light grey which seems to sparkle, sometimes they look pure white like the sun reflecting and sparkling off snow. They could be unnerving to say the least but some people thought them one of my best features. This weird mix of genes and the ridiculously contrasting height usually made me look like some strange magical pixie. In fact there had been a time in my life where I thought I was a pixie and have now convinced myself my ears are too pointy to be natural. Needless to say this whole pixie look could make me a little self conscious because of how different I tended to look but I mainly got over it a while ago. I wonder if He had thought my eyes foreboding...

Cutting my train of thought off right there I head up to my room to think about my options and contemplate if the real reason I wanted an escape was my mother's love life or Him.