*Chp 11*

"ALLESS! "

I turn and smile at the little ball of energy as she launches herself into the room and into my arms.

"Hey Molly, I missed you too."

I cuddle her and let out an inward sigh of relief, thank goodness she hadn't ru in even a millisecond before. As I continue to grip Molly to my front I look over her shoulder to see Brendan smiling at me with a weird look on his face. I smile back and then turn when I hear Taylor walk into the room. She smiles at me but then notices Brendan and gets a confused look before turning back to me and grinning mischievously. I playfully glare at her to let her know it'a not what she thinks, then again it sort of Is what she thinks so never mind.

Taylor acknowledges me with a quick hello and then turns to Brendan and says, "Oh Brendan, what a lovely surprise! I didn't expect to see you here when Alless is sick. While you're here maybe you should offer to try and fix Allie's door. I don't know how it's happened but the door seems to be hanging on by just the top hinge now."

I glare at her a bit for making a statement so filled with implications but forget all about it when Molly turns in my arms to look at Brendan. She whispers not so discreetly, "Who's the strange man?"

I give her a look but Brendan pretends not to hear but is grinning madly. Would a normal human have heard that or did he hear that because he'a a werewolf? There's soo many questions I'll have to ask him, but not now. Maybe I'll ask him to stay the night, I seem to sleep better with him her.

I answer Molly's question with the same not-so-subtle whispering, "That is Brendan. He's a friend of mine and he kindly came over to check I was feeling ok after school, the only reason he beat you here was because Taylor had to go pick you up."

Taylor snickers at that comment, obviously having noticed Brendan skipped PE and lunch whilst Brendan tries to look as uninterested and as innocent as possible to help my pointless charade. "Molly, why don't you go over and introduce yourself? I promise, he doesn't bite," at least not you, I added under my breath but Brendan obviously heard unlike Taylor or Molly and he's trying to hold back his snickering.

As I set Molly down and she goes over to introduce herself, which at this moment in time seems to just involve staring up at Brendan, I turn to Taylor. "Would you like to stay a while?"

She looks like she's about to agree when her face darkens slightly before she can hide the emotion. "Sorry but I can't," she said, "I have to cook for my dad in Tuesdays. I'll see you tomorrow?"

I nod and smile at her and then she leaves. There's something she isn't telling me but I'm not going to push her, I've a bad feeling the truth will come out soon.

I turn to see Molly is still just staring at Brendan, so I decide to step in and give her a bit of a push in the right direction. "Molly this is Brendan. Brendan this is my little sister Molly."

Brendan sticks out his hand and smiles at her, 'Nice to meet you."

She looks at his hand for a minute, as if contemplating something, before completely ignoring the hand and jumping into his arms like she jumped into mine earlier. Brendan catches her but seems a bit surprised before he embraces the moment too and starts swinging her her around in circles. I smile, they're soo cute together. And I'm soo glad they like each other, they're two of the most important people in my life an I want them to get on.

Did I just say Brendan was one of the most important people in my life? Is he really? I know straight away he is, we only met for the first time about 2 weeks ago and were just introduced like 4 days ago but it seems like forever. I feel sort of like we share a connection no one else shares and I feel different around him that's I ever could around any other man. It must be something to do with the mates thing he was talking about earlier but I think I'm still in emotional shock as I the seriousness of what Brendan say hasn't hit me yet.

We spend the rest of the evening watching TV and around 8 o'clock Molly starts to yawn and she falls asleep against us so Brendan carries her home as I'm still in some degree of pain from my wound. When he's returns, Brendan quickly fixes my door with a spare hinge he has somehow acquired. He then diligently and patiently rewraps all my bandages and cleans cuts while I try to stay a still as possible and shiver as little as possible from the amazing sensations of his touch on my skin. Later, without even asking, he climbs into bed beside me and holds me to his chest making me sigh contentedly.

"You aren't going to school tomorrow. You're still to weak and mentally exhausted from... You're ordeal."

I just nod against his chest, having him are so much is quite comforting as I wasn't going to go to school tomorrow anyway.

He directs my head to look at him with his fingers and he asks, "Would you come meet my family tomorrow? It is maybe an hours drive and on the way I can explain about me marking you if you like."

I smile happily at the thought of meeting his family, though I do feel a bit nervous, and in the rush to look presentable I had almost forgot about my mark, I hadn't even seen it yet so I would like to know more about why I have it, "Of course I'll come."

He kisses me softly before I fall asleep in his arms.