*Chp 5*

Waking up to the sound of Ke$ha blaring full blast on my alarm I quickly got up but turned the music off. I would usually dance around a bit to my alarm but this morning I was too filled with dread and nervous anticipation to even think of dancing. It's strange considering I've started new schools many times before but I've never felt like this. Ever. I quickly jump in the shower and wash my hair, I wasn't running late or anything so after putting on the uniform I take my time applying my makeup with eyeliner to accent my eyes but only lipgloss for my lips. I know some people find my eyes freaky so I thought I may as well accent them to see what type of reaction they would get here. If people were going to stare I'd rather they do it on my first day.

The school offers a communal breakfast in the canteen but I don't want to go on my first day and face all the dilemmas like where to sit and how much to eat without looking like a pig. Plus I'm too nervous to eat. I just eat a few complimentary grapes I found in my fridge as I thumb through a copy of the home magazine the school had provided; to decorate my dorm you were allowed to out source almost anything except for large furniture which had to be ordered though the school account so they left me a catalogue. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with the place yet but I was going to put a few of those failed interior design lessons to good use. It wasn't every school which just handed you opportunities like this so you may as well use them.

To be fair though I wasn't thinking of sofas or bed frames, I was thinking of my mystery guy. What I had felt still scares me but I realise now I should've probably at least talked to the guy. I mean, he had saved me from a not-so-fatal accident. Maybe he'd just been following me to check I was ok after my strange behaviour. It's kind of strange that I've been thinking about him so much but I had felt something and now I may never see him again, and despite everything that thought saddened me to no end.

After throwing a quick glance at the clock I realise classes start in 10 minutes, the building was quite far away and I still had no clue how I was going to navigate this place. Fun times.

Thankfully I remember where Lilith said the building was and so set off at a jog towards the building beside the office which held most of the senior school's classes including English where my registration class was. I find the building easily enough as it happens to be the building with a pile of teenagers lounging around outside it, it was quite a nice day so many of them were lounging about on the grass under large oak trees or sitting on park benches or there was a large group standing outside the entrance to the building sitting on or standing around the steps to the entrance. Beside this main building there was a car park for pupils who lived off campus to park in and some students were standing close to the cars and inspecting their engines which seemed extremely dull to me. To be honest I wasn't that interested in the pupils themselves at the moment, I was more worried about how they would react to a new student but it seemed I had gone unnoticed as I entered the building. The uniform we were all wearing and the dazed expressions of semi-conscious teens first thing in the morning probably helped that but I was under no allusions that I would go unnoticed, soon the news of a new girl in such an exclusive school would travel and I would be subjected to many curious looks at best.

After locating my locker I tried in vain to find my registration class and when the bell rang and the corridors started to empty I started to panic a little. I was considering my options when suddenly go falling face first towards the floor. I manage to twist a little so I land rather painfully on my hip instead.

"I am so so so so so so so so sorry! Like so unbelievably sorry! No amount of apologies could ever express my feelings over what just happens. Are you OK?"

And with that I was being helped to my feet just to look into the face of a girl who looked to be my age with a tall frame and a fit athletic body to match. Her stature didn't make her masculine by any means but she looked to be the embodiment of a warrior queen with short glossy chestnut hair and beautiful facial features with pouty lips and lively brown eyes. The only thing that didn't seem to fit her persona was the look of concern I saw in her eyes as she quickly looked me up and down for any signs of serious damage.