*Chp 29*

Darkness. All around me is darkness. But strangely I am calm. From the sensations I was feeling I was obviously in a moving vehicle, sitting on the floor of a darkened out can was my best guess as I felt the hard flimsy plastic floor beneath me and I'm almost positive they couldn't have transported a girl with a bag over her head through several cities in a van with windows. Yes, I knew where we were. Yes, I knew where we were going. Well, sort of. I know the location of where we're going but my gifts has not deemed it necessary to tell me what lay there unfortunately so I was a nervous as hell. But I guess I'd know how to get home when I escape at least. If I escaped. Honestly? At the moment that didn't seem likely.  

Oh God! What if no one ever knows what's happened to me? What if they kill me? I'll never get to see Molly get older or get to see how Liam and Taylor work out; I'll never get to see my mum's wedding or argue with her about the father of the bride speech she wants me to make. What would they even tell her had happened to me? Would they tell her everything? Or would try pass it off as a cat accident or something? I'd never get to help the Carmichael's feel any sort of peace over the death of their adopted pack or get to try and have an actual relationship with my father and his current wife who was actually trying to make an effort. I'd never get to scold Ezekiel and Daniel again or actually get to teach then how to cook. And of never see Brendan again.  

That shook me out of it and I quickly sobered, trying to concentrate on the situation around me. I know where I am so at least that's one less thing to worry about but what about my captors? I was almost sure I had been captured at the insistence of Jacobs but I'm positive he isn't in the van. So I just sit and listen for a minute.

Ok I think there's about 3 people in this van with me and they must know what they're doing guessing by the quality of knots that feel like they're binding my wrists and ankle so they must either be hired mercenaries or hunters borrowed from Taylor's dad. One of them is sotting on the floor beside me where I'm propped against the wall but I'm almost positive he doesn't know I'm conscious and he probably wouldn't make a difference to him anyway as I can feel from be slightly lent against his arm this one has the muscles of a seasoned fighter; not big and obvious as many people would expect but well toned and subtle but intimidating and effective if necessary. I can feel something hard by my foot and can practically smell gunpowder and explosives meaning these men are well armed with guns and possibly grenades. So I definitely shouldn't try to escape just now, that'll have to wait until after we've arrived. Maybe. Hopefully.  

I decide to just go back to sleep, what else can I even do? May as well keep my strength up because I'm pretty sure it's pointless to try and bargain with these men. Why would they just let me go? But I know I won't be able to sleep. How can I sleep in a situation like this?

Suddenly the world change around me and I can see. But I know I'm not seeing through my own eyes anymore.

The atmosphere is heavy and the expressions disheartened in a room I recognised to be the large dining room at school. Upon closer inspection I see these are members of the pack. Our pack. And in closer inspection I see not only are there some disheartened but I see anger seem to take over as the prominent emotion in the room. Obviously they weren't happy. standing top of some a table at the centre of the room Jeff is addressing them.  

"My pack mates a terrible tragedy has befallen us. One of our own has been taken. Under any circumstances this would be reason enough to pool all our resources and come together to search but these circumstances are extraordinarily exceptional as the one who has been taken is Allessandra. Brendan felt some minor distress from their bond but is only a preliminary bond so he cannot know all the circumstances which lead him to follow her scent to an area on the edge of the woods where there were signs of a minor scuffle. They obviously travelled upstream in the river at that point as their scent just disappears without a trace. We must find her but first we must plan-"