*Chp 26*

"Allessandra, what the Hell just happened?!" 

Crap, I note when I hear the crash and his thundering voice, Brendan's broken down the door again. And he sounds pissed.  

"It wasn't my fault!" 

"What wasn't your fault Alless?! What?! You just disappeared. How can you just disappear?! That mark may not be as strong as the proper one but I know for a fact that I should be able to sense your presence anywhere in the world at the back of my mind and you were just gone!" 

By this point I'm completely engulfed in his arms, I can't even see his face but I can hear the anger and frustration in his voice. He's basically shouting. I get his anger but my head is seriously pounding after being sucked into nothingness twice.  

"Brendan, it completely defeats the purpose to shout at me while there's hardly a millimetre of space between us. Indoor voice please, that trip's given me a headache." 

He moves away and looks straight into my eyes, "You better explain what happened right this second or so help me I will handcuff you to me so you're never out of my sight again." 

I sigh resignedly, I really should be cross at him but I know he loves me and he was just scared. I smile to myself when I remember this spectacular creature actually loves me back but I create some more space between us anyway because I know I have to.  

He growls a little but I just keep on smiling and grab his hand, "Come on." 

After a quick stop at the kitchen for some industrial strength painkillers I lead him to our bedroom.  

I lie down on the bed and gesture for him to join me but he seems restless so starts pacing instead. I can't help but sigh, really? He has to pace? Can't he think of anything more productive to do?  

I wrap myself completely in the duvet and sit up straight, I have a sudden moment of déjà vu; I was sitting this exact same way in this exact same place earlier this week when He made the admission to me about being a werewolf and now I'm the one telling him something. Though to be fair his conversation was more important.  

I take a deep breath, "I'm sorry but I concealed information to you earlier. It all started after you left me alone with the strange page of symbols..." 

Then I told him everything. Why wouldn't I? I seem to be having a lot of heart to hearts though this week, maybe I should be more open with people at the start so I don't have to keep repeating my experiences all in one go.  

Throughout my tale Brendan's pacing just kept becoming faster and more I tense and by the time I was done he'd practically worn away my carpet. 

"This isn't good Alless. Not good at all." 

"What do you mean?" I ask confused, "She was lovely, and she offered to help. What's the problem?" 

He looks at me intensely, "The problem? Alless, we've spiked the interest of the closest person to a Goddess on earth! And she says the Moon's taken an interest? This means this is very serious. Plus in the back of my mind I was still kind of hoping that Kate was wrong and you weren't the prophesied 'Light one'. Plus your hunch was right and the hunters, Maurice and Rogues are all working together and I cannot think of a more fatal mix for our species. The only good thing that's come out of this is that we now have a starting point to work from. We have to find those two men Taylor told us about. I'll go ask her now." 

He goes to head to the door but I grab his sleeve and hold him back, "Don't. It'll keep to morning, Taylor was going to reveal her past to Liam tonight and I don't want to put anymore stress on her. And my head hurts, like really badly, so I'm going to go to sleep now. You don't Have to join me but you know I'll be much happier if you do."