*Chp 3*

"Are you absolutely sure you want to do this Alessandra? I have no problem at all with you staying, you could help me with wedding plans! You know you have a great eye for design."

I didn't. I had just taken a course a few years ago on interior design which I had failed miserably but I didn't want to remind her. Mum was distracted and I was quite happy for her, she really did love Willis and looking over at him staring at my mum adoringly just proved he loved her. I honestly wished them all the best, but there's no way I'm staying. My mind was made up and I was happy with my decision.

After carefully looking through my contingency plans for a few hours (and it really was hours because I had several plans for any scenario ranging from a house fire to running from an organised crime gang) I had decided to go with num 19 as it made most sense given the situation. Basically I was going to attend the same boarding school my half- sister Molly went to.

It's a posh upmarket place that was pretty self- sufficient and had a 5 figure entrance fee. You could board or not, there were few but decent length holidays, the was a junior school and senior school so anyone from the age of 5 up to the age of 18 could attend and every now and then the school produced a celebrity or important politician. Perfect for my status and money obsessed dad who liked spending as much alone time with his new wife as possible. She wasn't Molly's mother and I had trouble remembering her name (though I'm positive she was Italian) as we had never met only ever talked on the phone briefly but as far as I can remember she is wife number 6. Starting at a new school midterm in my second last year of schooling didn't bother me as much as it probably would some other girls my age. After the divorce mum and I had moved around a lot and we had only settled in our current town 2 years ago, the longest we had stayed in one place. I had never really grown overly attached to my school and although I had friends they were just the amicable-in-school type not the bare-your-soul-to type, I would miss them a little and we had all promised to be pen pals but I'm pretty sure that won't last too long unfortunately.

With one last hug from Willis then my mother I boarded my train that would take me to another start over. At least I'll get to spend more time with Molly and I won't have to worry about running into Him anymore.

********

After a ridiculously long train journey, a car journey and the help of the nicest taxi driver I have ever meet to get all my bags unloaded I arrived. And it was huge. No joke, this place was like a university campus and seemed to stretch on for acres and acres. This place was bigger than any university campus in fact and was surrounded by woods. I don't really know why the woods are there and to be fair some of the acres I see is part of the forest but still! Who needs this much space? Were the people here that snobby they didn't want any neighbours or miles around or something? Seriously though, I'm sure the people are nice enough here and, despite how intimidating this all feels so far I'm sure I'll fit in here just fine. Well, as long as it turns out they aren't all rich snobs.

As I approach what I assume is the main building I give the entire campus a quick once over. The main buildings and many of the older surrounding buildings looked over a hundred year old and had an appearance and size that rivalled any English stately home. In direct contrast some of the other buildings or extensions on the buildings were all sleek modern glass and sharp edges. It shouldn't have worked but in reality it works extremely well. I can't believe how much this place must cost! I hadn't realised dad was doing so well, I knew his business had been pretty successfully but obviously mum and I didn't know as much as we thought we did about the while thing. I leave my bags outside, because there is no way I could get them up all these steps without some help, and enter he building which I can now see is clearly makes with a sign stating 'Office'.

As I walk through the grand foyer with what looked to be a Swarovski crystal adorned silver chandelier and a black and white tiled floor. There were many doors and a fe corridors leading off the foyer but I decide my best bet is the desk straight in front if me, only problem is that no one seems to be there. Crap, now what? Then I notice a cute little shop bell and throwing caution to the wind I tap it and hear the loud ring emanating throughout the large hall. As if by magic a kindly looking girl, who could be no older than 20, walks over to the desk smiling at me.

She outstretches her hand to me and introduces herself,"Hi, it's lovely to meet you! Can I assume you're the new student? Alessandra?"

I smile back at her warmly, it's obvious from her attire that she's the receptionist, although she looks far too young to be, and I have a feeling in going to like her. "Yes, that's me. But please don't call me Allessandra, it's far too long, you can call me Allie or Aless instead. Can I ask your name?"

She laughs at me in a friendly and answers,"My name is Liza Adams but you have to call me Miss Adams if there's someone authoritive looking around. Wouldn't so to be on a first name basis with the staff at a posh boarding school now would it?"

I laugh with her and she smiles. Then she reaches into a drawer behind her desk and hands a pile of papers to me.

"This I your timetable, room number, rules and general pupil information. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

I'm about to reply No but then I remember all my luggage and shoot her a slightly guilty and slightly sheepish look, "How good are you at heavy lifting?"