*Chp 31*

^^^One Week Later^^^

Now that I'm feeling better everyone gathers around my bed for my recount of what exactly happened. Everyone from Molly to Taylor to Jeff to Kate is here, and of course Brendan, because I've been so out of it all week I haven't really been able to explain properly.

After I'm finished my story I look around the room from my seat on the sofa at The Hub to see faces staring at me in shock and wonder.

While they're all recovering I decide to turn to Brendan and ask him a question I've been dying to know the answer to all week, "Buttercup? How did you manage to find me? You'd been searching with no such luck for days, how come you found me right when I needed you?"

He kisses my nose and holds me close to him and I know reliving our time separated is as hard for him as it is for me, "Our link. It wouldn't tell me your exact location because it was only temporary. God the number of times I cursed that condition after you went missing-" I can see the genuine sorrow in his eyes when he says that but I give him a quick squeeze which sort of reanimated him a bit and he continues, "Well, it may not have told me where you were earlier but it pulled through like the time Diana moved you to another plane of existence and I thought you were dying. Having that monster try to suck your powers? That would mean your death and so your location sort of came to me and I knew you were in danger and luckily we were nearby."

I kiss him briefly, letting him know he doesn't have to say anything else. We never have to think over what happened or even mention it ever again after today.

Derek breaks our moment, he clears his throat on the sofa opposite ours, "Im just sorry that bastard got away. I truly am Alless, we were so busy trying to deal with the rogue and stressing about you we didn't even see him slip away. Come to mention it we didn't see the mercenaries slip away either, we must have been really off our game at the time."

I quickly mumble something about there being nothing to apologise for but my mind is wandering again. I was secretly glad the mercenaries had escaped, they didn't deserve the punishments the werewolves would have doled out on them. Maurice however was a completely different story; knowing he was out there somewhere and he would come for me again put the fear of God in my heart, what if next time we don't get away so easily and someone gets hurt in the crossfire? But I am at least reassured for now that Jacobs would take a while to recover from that meeting, he would need to make new plans and regain his strength before he even dared try to come for me again. I trust my feelings in that theory 100%.

Taylor is the next to break the silence, "I hate to break such a depressing atmosphere like this," she says while her voice drips with sarcasm, "but I have some important news. The pack is keeping their current housing arrangements for a while as there is still a threat so Liam still needs to move out of his dorm but instead of him living with Kyle and Daniel he will be moving in with us and sharing my room."

I can here small cheers of delight coming from the twins before I shoot them a look. Then I redirect my attention back towards Taylor.

"Oh he will be? Don't you think you should've consulted with me, the dorm proprietor, first?" I try and give her my best serious expression but I can't keep then grin off my face and she grins back when she sees it. Needless to say I wasn't even going to question her wish, I'm just so happy she's finally trusting Liam more and she's started taking things for granted like best friends should. It means she's getting over the years of abuse from her dad and anything that shows me that is a good thing; though I have a feeling that between Brendan, Taylor, Molly, myself and now Liam my once very spacious single dorm would be getting a little more crowded. As long as Taylor continued to cook so amazingly we might just survive.

Making BondsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara