*Chp 28*

The week passed uneventfully. Seriously, like nothing happened. Taylor and Liam grew closer but Taylor told me how she was still nervous about getting too close to him, with her dad who wouldn't be? It hurt Liam's feelings when she'd pull away and that just made her upset but they were getting somewhere at least. And as for me and Brendan it wasn't bad I guess. Honestly? I missed him because I hardly ever saw him. He was busy, I get that. It wasn't his fault. Jeff had insisted they knuckle down and try and find Maurice's base while they were all still licking their wounds. Strike while the iron's hot, as the saying goes. The Carmichael brothers were helping now too and everyone seemed to think this dramatically improves their chances of finding and stopping the hunters. Taylor had the same problem as me but with Liam because all the older wolves were out of class but Liam wasn't the son of the Alpha so he wasn't expected to do so much and could get out of it quite often. Brendan had moved in with me but I was glad because he only time I got to see him was first thing in the morning; by the time he came home it was always ridiculously late and I was asleep and sometimes all that would remain of him in the morning would be the outline of where his head lay on the pillow. This separation was making me anxious and lethargic and I was lacking motivation a bit. I didn't sleep well and sometimes I'd find myself just staring into a space, thinking about what he's doing. If it wasn't for my new abilities taking pity on me and giving the odd vision of what he was up to I don't know how I'd cope. I can't believe I have visions. Should I tell someone? I know I had decided not to tell anyone but Taylor knew because I would black out every now and then and she sort of needed to cover for me. I hadn't told Brendan yet. I didn't want to worry him; he was exhausted and I could tell our separation was hurting him even more than me by how passionate he was or how tight he would hold me if we were together. He didn't have the comfort of knowing what I was up to when we were apart and if made me thank whoever gave me these powers for that luxury. But I hated to see him in pain like this and I don't know how much more of it we can take.

"Allie, seriously, hurry up. We're late for art." 

I smile at Taylor and walk into the art room with her. That's been one of the only good things about this week, I've actually managed to stay at school all day everyday this week and as a result I've actually made it to mine and Taylor's art classes. I'd finished my painting of Taylor sewing on Monday and then let my new situation inspire me. I've never produced so much artwork in my life. I'd spent my class time sketching all the new friends I've met; everyone from Taylor to Lilian (who'd I'd been to visit a few times this week to fill my lonely hours) to Ezekiel and Daniel and the Carmichael brothers. Everyone had at least one sketch in my sketchbook and Brendan had a whole sketchbook all of his own. I've used every single medium from charcoal to water colours to try and recreate his presence and help my aching heart. My teacher couldn't believe the rate I was producing work at, several sketches a class, and was so impressed by the quality she was giving all my assignments A*s without even looking at them and I had enough material to cover almost my entire year's grades, which is impressive seeing as i wasn't even here for the first half of the year. That isn't even including what I've been doing in the dorm. I set up the easel where I said I would on the mezzanine level but Brendan and I've decided to adopt that as our new bedroom so Molly could have my room (she designed it around Her dream room anyway) and the walls were now covered with paintings up there of large scale paintings I've been doing. Honestly? Most of them aren't even complete and I can never tell where exactly I'm getting my inspiration from and all the paintings are so abstract Taylor and I can't tell what they were meant to be but my gut was telling me to paint them and I wouldn't be ignoring my guy any time soon after how much more accurate it's gotten recently.  

This class I decide to do something other than pine away by drawing pictures of Brendan and decide to do some nature work. I smile when I see a small bonsai tree on the window sill and I spent the period just chatting with Taylor and drawing the tree from four different angles then painting them all with different types of paint.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, just gym and then home. Taylor cooked for us but then her and Molly went out. Taylor was going to the cinema with Liam to supervise Molly and her new Pack friends who wanted to see some new animated film about a dog or something. I had offered to supervise instead but it gave Liam an excuse to get out of patrolling and hang out with Taylor so I didn't push. I was just jealous that Liam got away so easily compared to Brendan, apparently Ezekiel and Daniel owed Liam big time for something and they didn't have mates so felt obligated to cover for him if he 'vanished'. Thinking of Brendan suddenly an suggestion hits my brain like I lightening bolt. I should call him. It was an urge I couldn't ignore so I picked up my mobile and dialled his number straight away.

"Alless? What is it? What's wrong?" 

I break into a huge smile at the sound of his voice, "Nothing, I promise calm down. I just missed you." 

He sighs, "Babe I miss you to. I promise, no matter what happens when I come home tonight I'm not leaving again all weekend, Dad will understand and I'm sure the others can manage without me until Monday. Sound like a plan?" 

I can hear the hope in his voice and it'a quickly matched by the soaring of hope in my chest. Brendan was coming home to me! "It sounds like a dream come true. I really have missed you buttercup." 

He sigh at the name but doesn't contest it, I think he's grown accustomed to it now and to be honest I think he likes it. Not that he'll ever admit it of course, "Well Allie I'll see you tonight, probably not until late though so I can make arrangements. Ok? I'll bring Chinese and we can have a midnight snack or something." 

I smile and laugh at the ridiculous image of Brendan sitting on my bed picking at his food girlishly while we had a proper sleepover moment talking about girl stuff like nail polish and shoes.  

I can almost hear the smile in his voice when he says, "Listen babe, I'm away to make arrangements. Love you." 

I smile, "Love you more." And hang up.

I go to collapse on my bed and watch TV until Brendan turns up when my eyes are drawn to the windows level with my high ceilings. I see the night sky absent of a moon of any kind, it must be a full moon tonight, and the sky seems eerie without her present. As if all the stars are trying to burn brighter than usual to out shine each other now she isn't there. I know I have to capture this moment in art. Quickly I throw all my art supplies into an oversized over-the-shoulder postman bag: acrylics, watercolours, charcoal, chalk, colouring pencils, pastels and a new sketch pad as well as my two existing ones. I hastily pack a blanket to sit on, a jacket and some snacks as well before heading out the front door (which a maintenance man came to fix in Tuesday after Brendan broke it Saturday night) and in the direction of the woods. I know, the woods are off-limits to students. That was one of the first rules I learned when I knew I was going to be staying here, I figured that was because of all the werewolf activity and the booby traps though and I knew about all that already so there was no reason to stay away. Plus I doubt Jeff would give me a detention. At least, I don't think he'd give me one...

I find a clearing not to deep in and go to open my bag and lay my blanket on the ground when I feel a presence approaching behind me. Crap. There's no time to react, even to hit someone with a flying branch, before a strange smelling cloth is placed over my mouth and I'm instantly lost to the world.

$$$ Sorry it's not the longest, will update soon so sorry for the cliffhanger too. Big news- I've decided there's going to be a sequel. At least one. There's too many possibilities about what can happen with these characters and I don't want to waste so many possible twists and plot scenarios on a quick epilogue when I can just start a new adventure. Same characters, Allessandra's POV, chronologically after this, different adventure. I'll probably appeal for title ideas in a bit but I don't want to give away to much of the possible plot just yet when this book is just sorting of entering the start of the end, you know? Thanks again for all your comments and support!$$$