*Chp 22*

I had slept in Brendan'a arms again last night and he woke me early with a few pecks on the lips. We didn't go any further because we had to wake the other two up and head over to the Hub today. We were in danger and there was something strange about me and those realities were starting to really sink in with me so I was fairly anxious during breakfast and the car journey, even with Brendan being here and Taylor and Molly trying to cheer me up. To make matters worse I had gotten a text from mum this morning saying she would be calling sometime this weekend to discuss wedding details. Why would she call me??? I have absolutely nothing useful to input into the whole thing. I swear Molly probably had more knowledge about wedding planning than me.

When we pulled up to the house I was immediately pulled from the car and wrapped in slim but surprisingly strong arms. It was Lilith, holding me close.

I look up at her towering over me and her face looks generally fairly relieved, "Alless, I was so worried. Don't don't do that to me ever again."

I laugh lightly at her, "I've lost count of how many times I've been told that in the last 24 hours."

She laughs with me and let's me go with a small smile, "Well then maybe you should listen."

Taylor links my arm with hers and we start to walk towards the front door. Molly jumps on my back too and I laugh but I guess these two are nervous, having never been here before. I look around but don't see Brendan anywhere.

Taylor, as if sensing my question says, "He went inside already. I think he went to to find his father."

I nod and continue to lead them inside behind Lilith.

Chaos is the only word I can think of that describes the house this morning. Utter chaos. People were rushing about everywhere. Adults, teens and children of all ages were running amuck about the hallway; adults shouting at their children, children screaming at each other and chasing each other about and Callum somehow coordinating through this converging mass of people and stuff lying on the floor without once looking up from his PSP.

I turn to Lilith and she quickly explains, "Sorry about this. While we're still unsure about the rogue attacks and if we're in danger most of the pack who don't live near by have moved into the house. That means we have about 100 new house guests."

Wow. When Taylor too me the pack had about 300 people in it it hadn't really sunk in how many people that was. And this was only a third of them? Where were the rest?

Lilith turns to see my concerned face and says, "Don't worry about the others, they've all either moved in with nearby families or they have no children so felt our space was better used for the families. Trust me when I say they're quite capable of defending themselves. Also to help with the overflow a few more of the children and teens are going to be staying in dorms at school but it's a Saturday and it hasn't really been sorted yet."

"Oh. Should we all really that concerned? Is it that serious?"

She smiles at me reassuringly, "I'm sure it isn't that serious, we just haven't had any form a threat for a while. We're all probably just overreacting, don't worry. I need to go help the Robinson's move into Cabin 3, just make yourself at home until Brendan is done and he'll come find you. Trust me, you won't be missing much."

Then she disappeared into the crowd.

So we just stand, in the middle of the chaos which is the hall and Taylor gives me a 'What the actual?' Sort of look. I just shrug. May as well make ourselves useful. Just at the thought of making myself useful crosses my mind I feel that new state of awareness fall over me and I smile. The 'feelings' are more of an awareness now and without the anxiety of the unknown or the intensity of a severe situation. They're kind of nice. I signal at Taylor to follow after fixing Molly's grip on my back and I head towards the kitchen. Immediately I head straight for the counter and grab the knife block before it and it's contents hit the floor as a child of about three hits the kitchen cabinets, he sends me a quick smile before running after his twin in a carefree manner.